- 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚁𝚞𝚗 -

Start from the beginning

"One For All. Ah, there you are..."

Pushing Endeavor away with brute force, Shigaraki propelled himself forward leaving behind a gust of wind and what remained of the lab.

-

On the other side of the battlefield, Izuku felt his stomach drop once he heard Burnin repeat Endeavor's message.

Midoriya had known Shigaraki was awake once the villain had opened his eyes.

He knew because One For All had reacted in a way it hadn't before as the familiar hum of energy had flickered for a moment. Almost as if it sensed the upcoming danger.

Then the voice of the first user came and filled Izuku's heart with dread. A warning that darkness was fast approaching, the epitome of evil.

Shigaraki was after him.

Endeavor's voice rang out over the comms, a warning that Shigaraki was heading toward the evacuation site.

Looking around him, Midoriya saw the remaining heroes assisting civilians to get them far away from the battle zone.

Midoriya tensed hearing their labored groans of anguish and confusion at having to abandon everything on the spot. The situation was growing worse by the minute, and if Shigaraki found him here, all hell would break loose.

A bead of sweat rolled down his cheek, and with determination coursing through his veins, Izuku knew what he had to do.

Taking off in a run toward the now-destroyed city, Midoriya resolved that while he couldn't face Shigaraki head-on, he could lead him far away from the evacuees.

Izuku's thoughts were interrupted when he heard the voice of his childhood friend.

"You can't tell them your secret. The heroes would try to split their forces to protect you and the civilians." Bakugo said, running beside Midoriya.

"Yeah, I know." Midoriya countered. He knew all too well about the danger that would come if the world knew about One For All.

All Might had insisted Izuku refrain from telling anyone else, even his own mother. But now, Izuku feared that One For All could no longer remain a secret.

Activating their quirks, the pair jumped mid-air towards the city, with Midoriya relying on Black Whip to grasp onto buildings and with Bakugo using Explosion to propel himself.

Bakugo had the same idea as Midoriya, concluding that getting him far away would be their best bet.

Due to the amount of smoke and debris that covered the city from Shigaraki's earlier attack it made things harder to see anything from a distance.

'There's debris everywhere and a good amount of distance between us, he probably can't see me. Unless he has some other way of tracking me down...'

Izuku shuddered at the idea but knew he couldn't stop now and stuck with his resolve.

'Come on...This way!'

Izuku's thoughts were in disarray, and along with the prickling of his skin, his quirk flickered once more.

The boy had always felt a sense of comfort when One For All crackled and danced over his skin. But today, the power surged through him abnormally as he got further away.

One For All could feel the eyes of a predator lurking nearby and felt a sense of protectiveness from within. The danger was adamant, and the users feared for Ninth's safety, as All For One's successor seemed to have grown a lot in power.

"He's just a kid." Seventh protested. "He can't face Shigaraki head-on now."

First was just as concerned as Seventh but his parting words were, "My brother will not stop at nothing until he's obtained us in whatever form he takes. But while Ninth must carry this burden, he will not be alone."