Chapter Six: Save Them

Start from the beginning

   "This is gonna get awkward." He said and Jodi giggled as she gently slid the gown off of him, leaving him in his underwear. He blushed profusely with embarrassment.

   "Relax, it's alright." She said. Nick observed her as she took care of his wounds and dressed him. "Hands up, I'm gonna put your shirt on." She said. Nick raised his hands and she slid on the shirt over him.

   As soon as his head came out of the collar, they came face to face with each other. Jodi's eyes widened, their faces were less than three inches apart. Nick also did the same, his heart raced as he observed every detail on her face.

   They were lost in each other's stare.

   Jodi jolted backwards, "I- Uh, I gotta get changed." She chuckled weakly with a hint of nervousness.

   "Y-y-yeah, alright." He croaked, "—and Jodi?" She stopped and looked back at him, "Thanks."

   Jodi nodded and twisted the knob then opened the bathroom door, stepped inside and locked the door behind her.

__________

   Nick got changed into a more comfortable, clean and warm T-shirt and denim jeans. He walked back to the sofa and sat there, waiting for Jodi to finish using the bathroom.

   He may seem calm but there was a lot of things happening in his mind, lots of questions and what ifs. However the thought that have been bugging him the most is how he could help the kids and why were they trying to reach out to him. But the Eddie kid in his dreams was what he had thought about the most, it's like he had seen him from somewhere.

   He rubbed the bridge of his nose trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together to figure out how he could help the kids and how to defeat the murderous animatronic, but he couldn't seem to connect the dots. Then the same headache occurred again.

   "Nick." A whisper came from the left and he quickly looked at where it came from.

   His front door was wide open as a short, dirty and burnt Foxy stood outside, he was able to distinguish it due to the bright light of the hallway. He rubbed his eyes, but the fox was still there.

   Its mouth opened, "Help us." A ghostly child spoke.

   He stood up and walked closer, "H-how?" He spoke up.

   Foxy walked away and went down the stairs. He never hesitated to follow it, he grabbed a crutch and a flashlight before tailing it until he reached the ground floor, but Foxy had disappeared and there was no trace of it going someplace else.

   A burst of lightning caused the lights of the hallway to dim.

   Nick turned the flashlight and glanced around, clueless at where the animatronic went. But then in the corner of his eye, a purple faceless rabbit was standing near the first landing of the stairs leading to the basement.

   "Follow me." Withered Bonnie said and he did. He got down another flight and reached the basement where there were separate storages for each tenant of the compound was, the dividers were made of steel wires and the place was only lit by a single lightbulb.

   He felt no fear, but the thought of the killer animatronic lurking around still was in his mind. He went around a corner and saw all four of the phantoms standing near a storage area and they were all looking at that particular spot.

   Nick limped towards the area as soon as the figures vanished in thin air. He pointed the flashlight at the label on the gate.

Fisher

   "Mine?" He asked and was surprised that the padlock on the gate was gone. He pulled the door open and scanned the place: it was filled with boxes labelled 'Nick's Stuff' written in permanent ink.

   At the center of the place was a smaller box with bloody prints that resembled Freddy Fazbear's hand which was oddly placed at the center.

   He hastily went to the box and opened its contents. It was filled with news articles, old newspapers that were all dated 1986 and most of them were about the missing children incident in Fredbear's Family Diner. His eyes widened in shock upon seeing it as it could answer all of his questions and find the missing piece of the puzzle.

   The newspaper on top had the picture of the old and toy versions of Freddy and his friends. He took it out and blew away the dust then read the headline.

FIVE CHILDREN MISSING!
June 22, 1986
Five children went missing after a big celebration last night, June 21, 1986, at Fredbear's Family Diner. Witnesses said that they were last seen playing games at the party and following the Freddy animatronic around before disappearing without a trace. The names will be kept secret until the mystery is solved. As of now authorities had requested the family diner to be shut down while they conduct the search.

   Nick put down the newspaper and read another one: it had a picture of the yellowed version of Freddy. He was lost in black eyeless sockets of the pictured animatronic's stare when the pain in his head soared again. He shut his eyes and bit his lip, the pain was even worse.

   "Follow me." A low tone said. Nick opened his eyes and he was standing at a hallway, he was walking after a man in a purple shirt. It was until he noticed that he was inside a suit, it was claustrophobic and dark, he could only see through the eyeholes that showed him where he was going.

   Then the purple man lunged from a doorway and swung an axe at the animatronic's abdomen, it let out a scream as Nick witnessed the murder in first person, watching the axe being brought down on him.

   Nick shrieked and shook his head. He was back in the storage room.

   Shaken by the vision, his hairs stood on end as he felt a knot in his throat, he knew something was watching him, and he felt not just one, but four entities keeping a close watch.

   He looked behind him, no one was there. Nick brushed it off, mustering every ounce of courage he had and took a deep breath before reading the paper.

MISSING CHILD FOUND!
June 26, 1986
A few days after the missing children incident of Fredbear's Family Diner, a miracle happened, night guard Fritz Smith was searching the storage room, he got into a chilly encounter that led him to discover one of the missing children, "I was left alone last night by my colleagues when I heard a whimper coming from the hallways, I decided go check it out, and that's when I saw a child standing at the end of the hallway, heavily wounded and in the brink of dying, his head was covered with a Fredbear head." Smith narrated, "—I called the police and they rushed him to the hospital."

   He noticed another picture below the article: it was a picture of a kid that he had seen earlier... Eddie.

  Turned out that Eddie was alive, all they need is to find him because he thinks that maybe Eddie might know what happened to his friends.

   Nick kept on reading.

...The boy was in a catatonic state and after a series of tests, the doctors deduced that he has amnesia because he had suffered a powerful blow to the head, he could not recall anything not even his name nor his personal information, except for a purple man with a knife. The boy was reunited with his parents and he was later identified as Eddie, his full name being Frederick Nicholas Fisher.

   His heart leapt and his jaw dropped.

   He trembled and threw the paper then backed in the corner, he could not believe what he had read. Then bits of the lost memories of his childhood came rushing back: he was called Eddie when he was younger, then he insisted to be "Nick" when he became a teenager and it all explained why he couldn't remember his first five years.

   "No." Tears flowed down his eyes. He cried upon learning the truth. He now knew why the animatronics were asking for help. He now knew why Eddie was familiar...

   Eddie was him all along.