I stopped at a few distances from him, and carefully, without making any sound, I demounted the horse and walked in his direction, where the sharp sound of iron collided.

His bare, sweaty back shinning with the red reflection of fire burning nearing him, facing me, as my eyes took sight of his strong, veiny hand as they went to the air holding a heavy hammer and then speedily moved down, hitting another iron with a heavy hammer, and then continued very aggressively, and may be this is the first time I saw him in this much aggression.

Ignoring my pain, I walked near him.

"This much anger?" I asked him, crossing my arm over my chest.

After listening to my voice, his movement halted, but in the next moment, he again started ignoring me.

"Why are you not facing me, or are you afraid that you can't meet my eyes?" I mocked him and walked closer to him.

And he stopped dropping the hammer on the floor with a thud; he turned around me.

"What do you want?" he asked with dead-cold eyes.

"A heartfelt apology from your pretty mouth may be," I replied sweetly, but with a fire in my eyes.

Leaning closer to my face, he hissed.

"For what?" made me chuckle humorlessly.

"For putting baseless allegation on me and my friend Merki," I gritted my teeth while glaring hard at him.

"We didn't kill your child, but Amma did," I informed him.

"I know," he muttered with a shrug, leaving my mouth hanging in surprise.

HE Knows.

And another wave of anger hit me hard, and I slapped him hard, creating a loud echo in the forest. With the impact of the slap, his face turned to the other side, leaving him shocked.

"You know, you know, then why the hell did you put these fucking allegations on me and Merki?" I yelled furiously and again raised my hand to hit him, but he swiftly caught my wrist in his harsh grip.

"How dare you insult me in front of my own army by insulting my dead friend?" I yelled in anger.

And the next moment, I find myself glued to the rough bark of a tree, with him hovering over me and glaring dead in my eyes.

"Are you done?" he said broadly.

"How could you?" I mumbled as my throat started getting clogged due to overemotions.

"There is a mole in your army, and if I don't act accordingly, the war you planned to win for years will become your greatest defeat and a great destruction to all of mankind," he said, looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused, as nothing made sense to me.

"Amma that women reveal her identity and participation in this war because she thought you were alone after the drama I created. If I didn't fight with you, she would be going to attack you in the war with the intention of killing you and bringing your mother back,as her loyalty still resides with your mother," His words shook me, and now they totally make sense to me.

"She killed Merki and your child." My voice quirked as I remembered Merki's last moments, and tears freely flowed from my eyes as the scene repeated itself over and over in front of my eyes.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay," he mumbled, pushing my face against my chest and trying to console me as a loud sob erupts from my body, and I cry freely in his arm, releasing every pain of mine, whether it be physically, mentally, or emotionally.

The cracking of wood under the burning red fire cleared in the silent environment as we both sat down silently looking at the burning wood after my crying session in his arm.

"I am sorry," he whispered lowly, making me look at him.

"I am sorry too." I apologized too, and we both smiled awkwardly before returning our gaze to fire.

After a while, I called him softly.

"veer".

"Hmm," he hummed softly.

"Whatever I said to Merki about you was not my real intention toward you," I mumbled, ashamed.

"Your intention toward me doesn't matter to me anymore," he replied monotonously without looking at me, breaking my heart a little more.

"I know I was wrong with my words, but please let me explain at least," I said with the hope that he would listen to me.

But instead of listening to me, he took something out and threw it near my leg, making me furrow my brows. Slowly, I took that piece in my hand and examined it carefully, only to gasp in shock.

This is the other piece of my knife. What is it doing with him? But before I was able to ask, he asked.

"Who killed my mother?" he asked, looking at me with great intensity.

But this question, or, shall I say, another accusation, made me angry as I got my feet furious and looked at him with a clenched jaw because I knew where this all was going again.

"Who killed my mother, or should I ask, did you kill my mother?" he yelled venomously, getting on his feet too.

"Or are you stupid? I wasn't even born at that time," I equally yelled, trying to put some sense in his mind.

"Are you sure, or do you want to recall your memory from the initial days?" he asked, raising his brows and making me sigh.

"Veer, I'm not understanding anything." I mumbled tiredly, not wanting to argue with him because this whole thing is exhausting me.

"You killed her with your own hand; you were the one who attacked, and she was your first victim," he spat with his fist clenched, like he was stopping himself from doing something he was going to regret in the future.

Taking a sharp intake of oxygen, I closed my eyes to recall my first hunt as an immature witch, and I did remember hitting a woman who was carrying a child in her arm, but what shocked me was the blue eyes of the baby she was carrying in her arm, making me open my eyes with a snap, and they collided with the same blue eyes, making me part my mouth in shock.

And slowly realization dawned on me, remembering the first time they forced me to attack a woman who was carrying a little baby in her hand. She was Neera, the former queen. They used me to eliminate her.

"Remember something?" he asked with raised brows.

"I didn't kill her, but I can't say the same about your father," I replied heartlessly as evil took over my mind, and the next moment I was choked by him harshly.

Here's the update.
Hope you like it

Don't forget to vote and comments and share with your friends.

Follow for more update.

You can find me on Instagram for some spoilers.

Till then

Stay tuned❤