Just One Daisy ☆ Felix

The blur of the teacher's voice, annoying like a bee buzzing and causing my head to spin, slowly awoke me from my ritual nap during... well, 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴.

"...new student today! Let's all welcome him to the academy," She was saying, referring to someone apparently standing beside her at the front of the classroom.

I lifted my head up from my desk with a yawn, curiosity getting the better of me as I looked up to get a glimpse of the new student.

His bright smile was the first thing I noticed as he bowed to everyone. I rolled my eyes with a sigh. He seemed so naive with his perfectly ironed uniform and straight tie, his navy academy jacket folded neatly over his arm, monogrammed with his initials, "LF". 

I immediately categorized him as an obnoxious overachiever, that one kid who would remind the teacher to check our homework, but he was pretty enough to be a basic fuckboy, too. Either way, that smile would eventually get wiped off his face. The weak didn't, couldn't, survive here at King's Constellation Academy. I found that out fast enough, and learned to keep to myself, learned to suck it up and somehow survive.

After introducing himself with a wave, I crossed my arms on top of my desk and laid my head down again, intent on getting at least another 20 minutes of sleep before the teacher called me out, my curiosity now more than satisfied. 

But my intentions were ruined, my day absolutely shattered when the new student made a bee-line down the aisle for the empty seat beside me in the back of the class.

There were so many other empty seats scattered around the classroom, but he slung his coordinated navy backpack off his shoulder and slid it under the desk we now apparently shared as he sat down to my right. 

"Hi, I'm Lee Felix," He chimed with an excited tone that was rare here. It irked me, honestly. 

Because it reminded me of myself when I first came here.

"...I heard," I retorted, not bothering to hide the hint of annoyance in my voice as I shifted on top of the desk, turning my head away from him to bathe my face in a comfortably warm ray of sun that was streaming through the window above me to my left.

"...What's your name?" He pressed, not picking up on the clues that I wanted to be left alone. 

"Park Y/N," I sighed, closing my eyes and hoping that with that he would stop talking to me so I could sleep.

"That's pretty," The writing utensils in his pencil bag shook together as he retrieved it from his backpack. He drew back the zipper, and it seemed so loud and sharp. He shuffled through the pencil bag, apparently looking for a specific one to use, and the wood of the pencils and metal of the pens clinked together.

I gritted my teeth and shut my eyes tightly, trying to ignore it. 

Finally finding the pencil he was looking for, he opened his notebook, the pages crisply shuffling against each other. His thumb pressed down on the top of the mechanical pencil, not once to push out enough led to render the pencil useful, but twice... three times... four, five, six, seven....

𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬. 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬. 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬. 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬—

When he started to tap his foot under the table, his pencil consistently scratching on the paper as he took notes, it was the last straw.