IV. Wet Hot American Bummer

————————————————————————

I WOKE UP AT THE LIBRARY, my head was placed on the desk. I spent all night trying to write something, a song to be precise. With a yawn, I got up and stretched my arms. God, I slept so uncomfortably. I then went to the bathroom and got freshened up.

Then I grabbed my tea and my donut from the fabricator and had my breakfast. I then went to the bridge, rubbing my eyes, and yawning again. It's not that I didn't want to sleep at night, it's just I had problems sleeping at night. I had the joy of finding John, Ray, Sara, and Ava.

"Ah 'Morning, love." John smiled and weirdly it was genuine. I stood next to him and nodded. "So, uh, any idea of what kind of foul beast we're up against, then?"

"Well, based on...research Sara and I have been doing, we could be looking for a swampy monster thing." Ava informed and I honestly didn't understand what a 'swampy monster thing' was and what it looked like. "According to the timeline, before the end of summer, several went missing, never to be seen again."

"Well, I happen to know a Swamp Thing. But then again, Maine is way too far North for that muppet."

"I still don't understand what's a...Swamp...Thing." I raised an eyebrow, unsure. But I hadn't spoken loud enough for everyone to hear. "I'll try to explain later." He whispered to me and I nodded. Once again.

"Well, we used to use the buddy system, to make sure everyone was safe. And this is where Nate would say, 'I'm your buddy' and we'd do a fist bump or a silly jig or..." Ray blabbered, missing Nate, I felt bad. For him and also because of my migraine.

"Well, we are shorthanded, so I need you to partner up with John. I'm adding Nisha with you guys." She announced with a smile. But Ray was still missing Nate. "Oh, don't worry, dreamboat. I've had stranger bedfellows than you—"

I looked at him bewildered. "I'm sorry, will you please elaborate?" I asked way too curious than I should be. My curiosity will bring me trouble someday. He looked at me as if saying 'You don't wanna know.' Before continuing what he wanted to say. "But just so you know, I'm not one to get all gussied up for a gig, all right?" He turned back to look at all of us.

꧁ꕥ꧂

We were standing there, at the camp surrounded by a bunch of kids. I was crossing my arms, and watching John mumble in annoyance. "Oh, they may take my coat, but you will never take my—" he mumbled, his hands on his signature tie, a cigarette between his lips. "Nope. And lose the tie." Sara told him removing the cigarette from his mouth.