Chapter 3

THIS IS A SAMPLE NOVEL!

The first 5 chapters will be posted here on Wattpad and if you want to read further, this story is completely free for all Tiers & followers to read!

Just follow me on Ream! Link is in my BIO❤️
There's also step by step instructions on how to get the app if you have an IPhone!

—————————————————

R E M I ||

I got the job! I got the job!

Jaxxon Pierce of Pierce Incorporated, the biggest software development company in the state, spoke to me in an elevator, listened to me insult him, still offered me the interview, was present at my interview and fucking hired me after that elevator nightmare!

Maybe I don't have to add this to my traumatic experiences since coming out.

I seriously couldn't stop smiling as I pulled into the parking lot of my apartment complex.

Finally finding a spot in front of Building A, I get out my old beat up car and make my way toward my apartment on the third floor.

I was so happy, life finally seemed to be looking up until I saw my landlord outside of my apartment door, posting a yellow notice.

I knew those all too well.

"Ah, Mr. Caddell, nice to see you." Mr. Leonard smiles as he gestures towards the notice that he just tapped to my door. "I'm sorry about this, but it's policy."

"Yeah." Sighing as I grab the notice off my door, I look at him again. "I just got a new job. I can pay the rest of my rent in one month probably. I just have to get paid first. Is there anyway that I can get another extension?"

Shaking his head, Mr. Leonard clears his throat. "No, I'm sorry, Mr. Caddell, we've already given you two extensions and we haven't received any of the money you promised to pay."

I nod, remembering our past conversations and the way that I begged for more time and with each extension deadline, they came and gone without even a  single penny from me, but it wasn't like I wanted to fool anyone. I just didn't have the money and I couldn't give what I didn't have.

"Thanks, Mr. Leonard." Nodding to him, I open my apartment door and walk inside before gently shutting the door behind me.

My barren studio apartment was only filled with one leather chair, a mattress and box spring on the floor, small tv next to it. My bike up against the wall, suitcases across the floor with my clothes and shoes sprawled everywhere.

With my stupid weird floor lamp that I got from a thrift store and small table next to my mattress, it wasn't exactly the sight you wanted to walk into after a long day of your anxiety shooting through the roof.

My beautiful little dog running up to me was the only thing that could make this place appealing.

"Hi Stella." Picking her little fluffy body up, I cuddle her into me as I walk towards my kitchen area that consisted of a mini fridge, one counter with a microwave on it, a stove and a sink.

Opening my fridge, the only things I had in here were a few beers and leftover pizza, so I grab out the pizza box, placing it on the counter before grabbing a beer and closing the fridge.

Setting Stella down in front of her doggie bowl, I open the cabinet and grab one of her canned foods out. It wasn't the best thing for her, but at least she wasn't hungry.

Peeling the lid back, I dump the contents into her bowl and pet her head before walking over to my leftover pizza.

Pulling a napkin that I got from the grocery store down the street, from one of the drawers, I set the last two pieces of pizza on it and pop them into the microwave.