Choosing The Right Path (Part 1)

Some important points to know before you start reading the story :

Rajesh did not die in the accident. He was in coma and Moloy was paralyzed.

Prerna is not pregnant. She never had any physical relation with Anurag.

Rishabh Bajaj and Basus share no past. He doesn't have any personal rivalry with them. He is just three years elder to Prerna. Also, there is no Kukki as Rishabh never got married to anyone before.

Sharda masi and Tanvi are in positive roles.

Let's start the story....

Prerna thought about the last 4 years of her life. The Prerna she was 4 years ago was very different from the current one. She was now a smart, clever, sharp-minded business woman. Prerna Sharma was now a name people respected and feared at the same time and it all started 4 years ago... the day when she took forward a step to change her life to be the strong independent woman her father wanted her to be.

Flashback :

Prerna unfolded Komolika's truth to the Basu and the Sharma family. Moloy recovered and now could speak. Rajesh had got consciousness in the morning and they both told everything to Prerna and she planned to expose Komolika and hence, Komolika was arrested. Anurag thought that finally everything was fine. Moloy announced Prerna and Anurag's marriage but she refused.

Prerna - Tum kehte ho tumne ye sab mujhe safe rakhne ke liye aur meri family ke liye kiya. Tum chahte to mujhe sach bata sakte the aur hum dono milkar Komolika ko expose krte par tumne aisa nhi kiya. Komolika tumhe blackmail krti rahi aur tum hote rahe. Tumne aur tumhari family ne meri family ki insult kri. Humari saalon ki izzat mitti me mila di. I don't care vo sab natak tha ya nhi but sach to ye hai ki uski vajah se meri aur meri family ki boht badnami hui. Aur mai ye bhi janti hu ki mai chahe kitni bhi koshish kar lu tumhari maa kbhi meri family ki respect nhi karengi mujhe kabhi accept nhi krengi. And now I don't care about her acceptance anymore. Ab mai sirf vo karungi jo mujhe mere aur meri family ke liye sahi lagega. Mai saaf saaf keh rahi hu ki aaj ke baad mujhe tumse ya tumhari family se koi rishta nhi rakhna. Na pyar na dosti kuch bhi nhi. Good bye Anurag Basu !

And that day she stepped out of the Basu Bari and never looked back again. She decided to focus on her herself and decided to put her MBA degree in use and apply for a job. Her father and her family supported her decision. Within a month she got a job in Delhi, the pay was good and the company was one of the best in the continent... Bajaj Infragiants. She grabbed the opportunity and shifted to the city. With her hardwork and dedication she got promoted twice within 6 months and after an year Prerna found herself heading the entire finance department of the company. She was praised by all her colleagues and her boss the great RISHABH BAJAJ had been quite impressed by her. She then started working directly under him and she got to learn a lot from him. And it came as a shocker for her when she got to know that he was her father's student once.

It was a few days after she had been promoted to the head of the finance department that Rajesh and Veena visited Delhi for a month. Next day she took Rajesh to her office to show him her cabin and meet her colleagues. When Rishabh met him, he readily recognised him and touched his feet infront of the whole office. Everyone in the room stood stunted as they saw the man who owned the world bowing down infront of someone. Prerna could clearly see the respect and admiration he had for her father in his eyes and when she looked at Rajesh, he was so emotional that she felt as if he had met his lost son. She got to know that her baba was Rishabh's school teacher before he started working at Basu Publications. That day Prerna grew to respect Rishabh even more. When Rishabh praised Prerna's business skills infront of her father she could see the pride in her father's eyes and admiration in Rishabh's eyes. Rishabh and Rajesh daily met for a cup of tea/coffee at her appartment and she saw a completely new side of her boss in those days. He was an extremely respectful and caring person. She got to know him more and that's how they both became friends. With each passing day their friendship became more and more stronger. She shared her past with him and he told her how much proud he was to see her as a strong independent woman. She gave him what he never had... a true friend and her family became a family to him. He gave her a shoulder to cry on whenever she felt weak and encouraged her whenever she felt low. Rishabh taught her how to make maximum use of any situation. Prerna learned from him how to be calculative about each and every step of yours as well as your opponent. They became eachother's emotional support and biggest cheerleaders. Prerna would often meet Sharda masi and Tanvi for dinner at the Bajajs and then Rishabh would drop her home. They would have coffee together at her terrace and then he would leave. Veena would often send home made laddus for Prerna as well as Rishabh and Rishabh would spend half an hour extra in the gym so that he could munch on those yummy laddus in the evening.

With Rishabh's encouragement, Prerna enrolled herself in a fashion designing course and soon started her own fashion outlet 'Inspire' while continuing her job at Bajaj Infragiants. And her startup started with a bang becoming one of the most sought out fashion brands within a year. She took responsibility of Shivani and Mahesh studies so that Shekhar could focus on his dream of starting a restaurant and he was successful in doing so. Within two years, he owned five restaurants all over India under the name 'Krishna'. Prerna bought a palatial mansion in Delhi and helped Shivani establish her own interior designing company while Mahesh went to Harvard Business School for further studies. Soon the Sharma siblings together bought a palatial mansion in Kolkata and the Sharmas became a part of one of the most elite families of Kolkata and Veena and Rajesh were immensely proud of their children. After an year of successful run of 'Inspire', Prerna started a jewellery brand 'Nayab' and established the 'Sharma Publication House' in Delhi clubbing them all under 'Prerna Group of Industries.' Rajesh paid the loan that he had taken from Moloy and retired from Basu Publications.

During these four years, she also realised her feelings for Rishabh. Prerna never thought that she could love someone else after Anurag but after knowing Rishabh she couldn't help but fall in love with him. He was everything that Prerna was looking for in a partner. He was respectful, caring, honest but apart from all this he was someone who made her feel free, he was someone with whom she felt appreciated. His presence would fill her with strength and it was he who made her love her flaws too. Whenever she fell for him a little more she grew to love herself a little more. But she didn't knew whether he felt the same for her or not. She had seen him admiring her, gazing at her in office or whenever she was around, giving her smiles that were reserved only for her. So one day she mustered up courage and decided to tell him about her feelings. She still remembered how he cried in her embrace like a baby when he got to know about her feelings. His exact words were....

Rishabh - Tum nhi janti Prerna tum mere liye kitna mayne rakhti ho. You are the only woman after my mother whom I admire the most. I care for you, I feel happy whenever you are around... tumhare bina jeena mere liye kitna difficult ye tumhe nhi pata. Mujhe nhi pata ki kab mujhe tumse pyar ho gya... Kai baar koshish ki tumhe batane ki par har baar yahi dar lagta tha ki agar tumne apne past ki vajah se mujhe accept nhi kiya aur humari dosti toot gai to ? Agar aisa hota na Prerna to I would have been broken beyond repair...

Prerna - Shh... kaisi batein kar rahe ho ! I love you Rishabh. Pyar karna mai janti thi magar pyar nibhana tumne mujhe sikhaya. I'll always love you. Mai humesha tumhara sath nibhaungi.

Rishabh - Mai bhi humesha tumhara khayal rakhunga, humesha pyar karunga, jab tak iss shareer me jaan hai sirf tumhara ban kar rahunga.

And they both joined their lips to convey a promise of forever.

She remembered the day when they told their families about their love and their wish to marry eachother. The whole Sharma and Bajaj family were the happiest people on earth that day. The youngsters were jumping like kids while Veena and Sharda were sending constant prayers and thanks to the almighty when their kids finally agreed to marry. Rajesh just hugged his Priyu and Rishi and blessed them with tears in his eyes.

Flashback over...

She snapped out of her thoughts when her car halted. 4 years later she was back to Kolkata for an award function. She was getting awarded with the Businesswoman of the Year. She looked at the building infront. Paparazzi hovered over her car to get her pictures. Her guards surrounded her car and one of them opened the door for her.