I Choose You (part 2)

Rishabh stood outside Prerna's ward as the doctor did her check up. He had called his staff whom he had left at Basu Bari to look over Prerna's wedding and got to know whatever happened there. He called Mr Mehra...

Rishabh - Hello Mehra... Divorce papers ka kya hua ?

Mehra - Sir vo bad weather conditions ki wajah se aaj court band ho gai to papers submit nhi ho paye. Kal Sunday hai to court band rahega. Mai Monday ko sabse pehle papers court mein submit karwa dunga.

Rishabh - Papers submit karwane ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Just shred those papers away. Koi divorce nhi ho raha hai ab. And do one more thing....

As Rishabh completed the call, the doctor came out.

Doctor - She is fine physically Mr Bajaj. But unki mental condition is not right. Kafi stress me lagti hain wo and if this continues unki pregnancy me complications aa sakte hain. Please try ki wo khush rahe aur kisi tarah ka stress na le. Aap mil sakte hain unse.

Rishabh moved inside the room and saw Prerna lying on the bed, her eyes closed. As she sensed him, she opened her eyes and tried to sit on the bed. Rishabh helped her. She shifted a little directing him to sit beside her. Rishabh was hesitant but he knew she needed him right now so he sat beside her. She kept her head on his shoulders. No one spoke anything. He gently wrapped his arm around her and started careseeing her hairs. Feeling his care, Prerna started sobbing.

Prerna (in between her sobs) - He... he... accussed me... of.. of...

Rishabh - Shh... ! I know. I got to know everything. I'm sorry for leaving you there alone. I'm so sorry.

Prerna - No it's not your fault. I was blind. I was blindly in love with him. Trusted him extremely but he broke everything. Our love, my trust, me everything.

Rishabh - Why didn't you tell them the truth ?

Prerna - No one gave me a chance to explain. They just accused me without caring to listen me. My own mother didn't trust me. And most importantly Anurag Basu... vo to sab kuch janta tha na... mere aur uske beech kaisa rishta tha... mere aur aapke beech kaisa rishta tha... still he didn't trust me. Jo log mujhpe bharosa hi nhi karte unhe explain karne ka kya fayda. Mai sab kuch kar sakti hu lekin mujhe kisi ko bhi apne aur apne bacche ka character certificate dena gawara nhi hai.

Rishabh cupped her face in his palms and wiped her tears.

Rishabh - Look at me (Prerna obliged) jo hua usse badla to nhi jaa sakta par usse move on to kiya jaa sakta hai na. Remember one thing... You'll always have me by your side at every step. I promise. So please try to move on Prerna if not for yourself then for your child. Stress is bad for the health of both of you. You'll do right ?

And Prerna nodded in yes.

Rishabh - Good now stop crying and take rest. I'll be here only.

He made her lie down and she slept in a few minutes due to the medicine dose.

After two hours, Prerna opened her eyes. She saw a nurse beside her who was checking her vitals.

Nurse - Hello ma'am. How are you feeling now ?

Prerna - Much better.

Nurse - Good. You need to take care of yourself. Aisi situation mein stress lena achha nhi hota. And your husband he was so worried. Aapke sone ke baad aapke baby se baat kar rahe the vo. I must say you are lucky to have him.

Prerna - Thank you. (In mind) Mr Bajaj meri kitni care karte hain. Kash ! Maine bhi unki utni value kari hoti jitni vo meri karte hain.

Just then the door of the room opened. "MAA" came a beautiful voice.

Prerna - Kukki !

There she was. Her daughter Kukki in her father's arms. Rishabh and Kukki came inside while the nurse went outside. Rishabh made Kukki sit beside Prerna. Prerna embraced her daughter tightly. She kissed her whole face. She had thought that she won't be able to see Kukki again. Letting go of her daughter was not easy for her but all thanks to her blind love for Anurag, she had ignored all her pain of separating from Kukki just to be his.

Kukki - Aapne apna dhyan nhi rakha na ? Sick ho gaye na aap ! Very bad !

Prerna - Sorry baby. Aap nhi the na mumma ke pass isiliye mumma sick ho gai but ab aap aa gye ho na to dekhna mumma bilkul fit and fine ho jayengi.

Kukki - Mai bhi sad thi aapse dur jane par but papa told ki ab hume aapse dur nhi jana padega.

At this Prerna looked at Rishabh who was already looking at her.

Rishabh - Only if you want.

Prerna - (To Kukki) mujhe bhi meri beti se dur nhi jana kabhi bhi nhi. Humesha aapke sath rehna hai.

Kukki squealed in happiness while Rishabh and Prerna looked at her smiling. Rishabh then handed over a bag to her.

Rishabh - Isme aapke liye kuch comfortable clothes hain. Change kar lijiye. Iss lenge me aap kafi uncomfortable feel kar rhi hongi. Mai aur Kukki bahar hain. Kuch chahiye ho to bata dijiyega.

Prerna nodded at him taking the bag and Rishabh and Kukki went outside.

Prerna came out after changing the clothes. Rishabh noticed her eyes were red again. She must have cried inside.

Rishabh - Chalein ?

Prerna - Kahan ?

Rishabh - Ghar ! Humare ghar Prerna. Chaliye (forwarding his hand for her to hold)

Prerna held his hand while Kukki held her another hand and the trio came out of the hospital. Rishabh first drove them to a nearby cafe for dinner and then they went to Bajaj Mansion which he had got back in his name a few days ago.