Chapter 5

Y/N'S POV 🌸🌾

I noticed everyone was spilling out of their houses, and going towards one direction. It's best that I should also join them, so I rushed downstairs, and went outside.

                     OUTSIDE TOWN HALL
                              🌸🌸🌸

Late afternoon 🌞

I joined the crowd outside, my eyes scanning the faces around me. I spotted Eric among the crowd and quickly made my way towards him.

"Eric, what's going on? What happened?" I asked, out of worry.

Eric, looked grim, turned to face me, his expression tense.

" There was an attack, Y/n, probably. We're still trying to assess the damage and make sure everyone is safe." He told me.

My heart sank at Eric's words. I looked around at the worried faces of the townspeople, realizing that Jericho will never be the same again.

As the townspeople gather anxiously, Mayor Green stepped forward, his voice projecting calm and authority.

" Friends, please, may I have your attention. I know many of you are worried and scared right now, but I assure you, we are doing everything we can to ensure your safety." The mayor tried his best to calm them down.

Some people in the crowd begun to murmur, asking Mayor Green what's going on and demanding answers.

" What's happening? What's going on?" Some of the people shouted, sounding worried.

Mayor Green raised his hands, trying to calm the crowd.

" Please, please, I understand your concerns. There has been an attack, but I want to assure you that the authorities are on the scene and we are working to resolve the situation. Your safety is our top priority, and we will do everything in our power to keep you safe." The mayor assured them.

Despite his efforts, the crowd remained uneasy, their fear and uncertainty palpable. Mayor Green continued to speak, his words a beacon of hope in the midst of chaos.

I  noticed Mrs. Green standing off to the side, tears streaming down her face. Concerned, I approached her.

" Mrs. Green, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked.

Mrs. Green sniffled, trying to compose herself.

" It's Jake... He just left a little while ago, and with everything that's happening, I can't help but worry. What if something happened to him on the way? She cried out.

My heart goes out to Mrs. Green, knowing the pain of a mother's worry. I tried to offer some comfort.

" I'm sure Jake is fine, Mrs. Green. He's strong and resourceful." I assured her, trying to calm her down.

Despite my attempts to reassure Mrs. Green, I was unsure too.

April also came, and tried to comfort her mother-in-law.

As I watched Mrs. Green and April comforting each other, my thoughts drifted to Jake and his sudden departure.

I couldn't help but feel a pang of worry for him, knowing that he's out there somewhere, possibly in danger, in the midst of chaos.

Despite our rocky start, I couldn't shake the feeling that there's more to Jake than meets the eye. I wondered what drives him, what demons he's battling, and why he seems so intent on causing trouble for his own family.

As the sun beginned to set on Jericho, my thoughts were consumed by the enigma that is Jake Green.

Evening 🌆