I couldn't  help but smile at the news, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders.

" Well, that's good to know. Maybe Jericho won't be so bad after all." I smiled to myself.

Heather smiled,happy to see me in better spirits.

" See? Things are looking up already." She replied, trying to cheer me up.

I nodded.

" Well, Heather, it was nice meeting you, but now I gotta go, I will meet you some other time." I smiled and waved her bye.

                      GRACIE'S STORE
                             🌸🌸🌸

I  entered Gracie's store, the small bell above the door chiming softly. An old woman, behind the counter, looked up and smiles warmly at me.

"Well, hello there, dear. Welcome to my humble little shop. My name is Gracie." The old women greeted me.

I returns Gracie's smile.

" Thank you, it's lovely to be here. You have such a charming store." I wasn't lying, the small store had its own charm.

" Why, thank you, sweetheart. It's customers like you that make it all worthwhile. What can I do for you today?" Gracie smiled.

I began browsing the shelves, my eyes scanning the array of products on display.

" Just picking up a few things for dinner. Your store has such a wonderful selection. I'm sure I'll find everything I need." I smiled at her.

" Take your time, dear. If you need any help, just let me know." Gracie informed me.

I smiled and nodded .

I was  browsing the shelves, searching for noodles, when I hear a friendly voice behind me.

" Hey there! Need help finding something?" Someone spoke up from behind.

I turned around to see a young man, whom I  don't recognize, smiling at me.

" Oh, um, I'm looking for noodles. Do you know where they are?" I nervously asked.

"Sure do! Follow me." He nodded and gestured me to follow.

He led me to the aisle where the noodles were located, and I picked out a packet, thanking him for his help.

" Thanks, I really appreciate it." I smiled.

" No problem. Enjoy your noodles!" The guy smiled .

After getting the noodles, I turned back to Stanley, extending my hand for a handshake.

" I'm Y/n, by the way. Thanks for helping me find the noodles." I chuckled.

He shaked my hand, smiling warmly.

" Nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm Stanley. Are you new in town?" He asked.

" Yeah, I just moved here. Trying to settle in and get to know the place." I told him.

" Well, you've come to the right place. Jericho may be small, but it's got a lot of heart." He had a proud smile.

" That's what I've heard. Everyone seems so friendly here." I smiled.

" We try to be. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask." He assured me.

I  smiled, grateful for Stanley's kindness.

" Thanks, Stanley. I'll keep that in mind. See you around!" I waved him by bye.

I  was walking towards my home, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere of Jericho, when I  heard raised voices coming from a nearby house. Curious, I stopped in my tracks and looked towards the source of the sound. I  noticed the nameplate on the house that read "Johnston Green, Mayor."

As I listened more closely, I recognized one of the voices as Jake's. Peering through a window, I saw Jake and an old man, probably his father, the mayor, engaged in a heated argument.

" ...can't believe you'd be so reckless, Jake. Do you even think about the consequences of your actions?" The mayor shouted, sounding angry.

" Oh, come on, Dad. It's not a big deal. I can take care of myself." Jake protested.

" That's not the point, Jake. You need to start thinking about how your actions reflect on this family and this town." The mayor shouted.

I watched the tense exchange, feeling a mix of curiosity and sympathy for Jake. I couldn't help but wonder what could be causing such a rift between father and son.

Intrigued by the argument I heard, I decided to linger near the house, trying to catch more of the conversation between Jake and his father.

" ...and I won't have you ruining everything we've worked for because of your reckless behavior!" The mayor added.

" Dad, I know what I'm doing. You don't have to worry about me." Jake replied.

" That's easy for you to say, but I have to think about the whole town, not just you!" The Mayor shouted.

I could hear the frustration and concern in Mayor Green's voice, contrasting with Jake's more casual and dismissive tone.

Suddenly, the door bursted open, and Jake stormed out, his expression clouded with anger. He noticed me standing nearby and gave me a dirty look, his frustration evident.

" Great, just what I needed. A nosy neighbor eavesdropping on private family matters." He scoffed, eyeing me.

I was taken aback by Jake's sudden outburst, trying to explain myself.

" I wasn't... "

But before I could finish, he cut me off, his tone cutting and final.

"Save it. I don't need your sympathy or your judgment. Just stay out of my business." He coldly replied, making me flinch a bit.

With that, he stormed off, leaving me standing there, stunned by the encounter. I watched him go, unsure of what just happened.