Chapter 2

Y/N'S POV 🌸🌾

I followED Eric's gaze and sAW a guy standing a few feet away, watching them intently. He's tall and lean, with tousled brown hair and piercing brown eyes that seem to look right through me. My heart skipped a beat as I met his gaze, a shiver running down my spine.

" Who is he? And why is he staring at us like that?" I thought to myself, feeling surprised.

The guy's gaze flicks from me to Eric and back again, his expression unreadable. I felt a sense of unease, as if there's something about him that I can't quite put my finger on.

" He gives me the creeps. I should probably get out of here." I thought to myself, feeling nervous about the whole situation.

I looked away, breaking eye contact with the guy and turning back to Eric, who was watching me closely.

Eric took off towards the guy, a grin spreading across his face, leaving me standing there, puzzled. I hurried after him, trying to make sense of the situation.

" Eric, wait! What's going on?" I called after him.

As I catched up to him, I saw Eric greeting the guy with a warm handshake and a pat on the back.

My confusion deepened as I realized that the guy is someone Eric knows. I approached them .

But I decided not to talk to him.

I watched Eric and Jake,still trying to process the sudden turn of events.

As I stood there , I realized that there's more to Jericho-and to Eric's life-than I initially thought.

Eric's smile faltered slightly as he looked at Jake, a hint of concern in his eyes.

" So, where have you been for the past five years?" Eric asked, looking dead serious.

Jake hesitated for a moment, his gaze flickering away before he meets Eric's eyes.

" Oh, you know, here and there. Just trying to find my way." He hesitantly answered.

I watched the exchange, sensing that there's more to Jake's answer than meets the eye.

" "Here and there"? That's a pretty vague answer. What is he hiding?" I thought to myself, feeling a bit skeptical.

Eric seemed to accept Jake's answer, though I could tell that he's still curious.

" Well, it's good to see you back, Jake. Jericho's always been home, no matter where life takes you." Eric smiled.

Jake nodded, a smile playing at his lips, but there's a hint of sadness in his eyes that didn't escape my notice.

" Yeah, it's good to be back. Things have a way of coming full circle, don't they?" Jake smiled.

As Eric and Jake continue their conversation, I couldn't shake the feeling that there's more to Jake's return than he's letting on.

Jake turned towards me, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"So, you're the new kid in town, huh? What's your story?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow, unimpressed by his attitude.

" Just passing through, like everyone else." I lied.

Jake chuckled, leaning against a nearby lamppost.

" Ah, the mysterious stranger. I like it. But let me give you a piece of advice-Jericho may seem small, but it's got a way of getting under your skin. " Jake said in a playful tone.

I crossed my arms, studying Jake intently.

" Is that a warning or a welcome?" I confidently asked.

Jake shrugged, a smirk playing at his lips.