The Janitor's closet 

I jogged my way through the halls, down the stairs and to the closet door, before slamming it open quickly with no hesitation.

"Shit!" The voice of a familiar black haired girl called, as I made my intrusive entry. Knew she'd be here. "Oh, it's just you." Jade spoke again, realising who it was who had just interrupted her. She was comfortably perched on top of a trash can, phone in hand, and bag tossed on the floor. Or at least she had been before I'd made her physically jump back, almost falling from her spot.

"Hey Jade, it's just me, ha ha" I laughed, gently shutting the door behind myself as I entered the room fully. She shot me her signature death glare, not looking very happy that I'd startled her. I smiled widely at her in response, because even though she'd never admit it, it was funny.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Vega, what was the need to burst in like that?!" She snapped, readjusting herself back into her original, non startled position, and brushing her hair out of her face.

"Sorry, West." I giggled, taking a seat on another trash can directly opposite her. I placed my bag down a lot more gently than she had clearly placed hers.

"I thought you were somebody coming to tell me to go to class or something." She admitted, now smiling a little bit herself.

"Well, I'm not, so you can chill out now." I countered, looking right at her face. She brought her eyes up from the floor to meet mine. Okay, why did that give me butterflies?

"I see that now." Jade commented, before returning the smirk I was giving her. "What are you doing here, anyway, Tori? Aren't you meant to be in class?" She added, clearly now confused as to how I'd managed to find her here at the time I did.

"You called me Tori again." I pointed out before deciding to answer her actual question, but I was quickly cut off by the same glare I had been met with when I had burst in a minute earlier.

"Don't-" She warned, raising a finger to point at me. I silently rose both my hands in surrender, and changed the look on my face to a 'damn, okay' one, and decided to make no further comment. "Anyway, answer my question. Why and how are you here?" She continued. Damn, I kinda missed her snark... I wonder if I can get more out of her?

"Aww, you care about me missing class?" I teased.

"No!"

"You do."

"Don't."

"Do"

"Don't, and oh my God, just answer the question"

"You do care." I quickly retorted a final time, but the look on Jade's face was now terrifying enough to get me to stop. "Fine. I asked to go to the bathroom and came here because Cat was asking me about Andre's party later, and I don't wanna go." I added, deciding to finally give Jade what she wanted before she physically ripped me apart for an answer. The smile on her face dropped, and it terrified me as to what she was about to say.

"What do you mean? You're going with me." She announced, her voice firm.

"Huh? I thought you didn't want to go?" I defended, now confused. It was true, Jade hadn't wanted to go to this party at all before her and Beck broke up, and we did agree to both go, but that was before they'd literally broken up. I was pretty sure that after something like that happening, she wouldn't want anything to do with a party that he was at.

"Well you thought wrong." She retorted, looking me up and down.

"You didn't want to go a few days ago-" I began, before being swiftly cut off.