"That's good, mom. When is it?"

"Next week. I'm ready to go under the knife,"

"I'm sorry about yelling yesterday,"

"Oh, it's okay. I know I was over reacting and I shouldn't have did her like that. How is she anyway? Still with that boy?"

"Yeah, but she just told me she's moving out. She already found a place. And now the man is trying to be nice to her and treat her the way she should have been being treated,"

"I hate when niggas do that," Naomi said.

"Is Kai okay?"

"That man is fine. He still doing the freakin' most,"

"That's Kai for you,"

The doorbell rang two times. I guess that was dad...Naomi went to go answer the door. I sat in my seat and prepared for what's next. He walked through the door and hugged Naomi. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I think I'm gonna regret this.

"Hey everybody," he greeted.

"Hey, Luther," my mom said.

"Everything looks so good! Thank you again for cooking ladies," he complimented.

"Oh, it wasn't a problem. I was gonna cook anyway,"

We sat at a round table. It was me, Naomi, Mom and my dad. My mom's name is Yuna by the way. We all started to scoop out our food and place it on our plate. I want to go up to my room so bad right now. I can feel the tension in the room, because he hasn't said a word to me at all. I think that's the better option.

"So, surgery is next week?" Luther asked.

"Yes. I want to hurry and get this over with. I just thank God everything is going well. How has your new job been?"

"Amazing! With the money I'm making, I don't have to worry about much at all,"

"You said you were gonna take me to Paris. Are we still going?" Naomi asked.

"Yes we are. Me, you and Yuna. What about you, son? You wanna go?"

"No thanks,"

"Are you sure—"

"No thanks,"

"Duke, be nice," Yuna said.

"I was nice. I said no thanks. Ya can enjoy yourselves,"

"Well, when I get there, I wanna try their food. See what it's hittin' on," Naomi said.

"A lot of people from overseas don't eat how Americans do. That's why they all look so healthy," Yuna said.

"Trynna get like them,"

We all began to eat our food and they continued to talk. I was texting Zuri while they held a conversation. We were sending memes back and forth and I laughed a few times.

"What you watching over there," Luther asked.

"I'm just texting someone,"

"Who?"

"Why?"

"Just trynna start a conversation,"

"How about we all get dessert?" Yuna suggested.

"Yeah!" Naomi agreed.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Well, I'm not fine. Why won't you talk to me?" Luther asked.