Prologue + Chapter 1

The sun beat down on the dusty streets of Jericho, casting long shadows as the townspeople went about their business. Among them was Y/n, a newcomer to town whose arrival had stirred up quite a bit of gossip.

Y/n had come to Jericho seeking a fresh start, but from the moment she arrived, she had clashed with one person in particular: Jake Green. Jake was a local boy, born and raised in Jericho, and he didn't take kindly to outsiders, especially ones who thought they were better than everyone else.

Y/n, for her part, thought Jake was nothing but trouble. He had a reputation for being rough around the edges, and she had no patience for his brash attitude and stubborn ways. She saw him as a threat to the peace and stability of Jericho, and she made no secret of her disdain for him.

Jake, on the other hand, saw Y/n as just another rich, spoiled girl who thought she could waltz into town and tell everyone how to live their lives. He resented her presence and the way she seemed to look down on him and the rest of the townspeople.

And so, as the sun set on another day in Jericho, Y/n and Jake remained at odds, their dislike for each other simmering beneath the surface, waiting to boil over at the slightest provocation.

Little did they know, their lives were about to change in ways they could never have imagined, and their paths would become irrevocably intertwined in the tumultuous days ahead.

💥💥💥💥💥

Y/N'S POV 🌸🌾

The dusty road stretched out before me, leading me to a town that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Jericho. A place I never thought I'd find myself, yet here I was, a stranger in a strange land.

As I entered the town limits, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. The buildings were worn and weather-beaten, a stark contrast to the bustling city I had left behind. But there was a beauty in their simplicity, a charm that spoke of a community bound together by more than just bricks and mortar.

I drove through the streets, taking in the sights and sounds of Jericho. The townspeople went about their business, casting curious glances my way as I passed by. I knew I stood out like a sore thumb, with my city clothes and polished demeanor marking me as an outsider.

But despite the stares and whispers, I felt a strange sense of calm wash over me. There was something about Jericho that drew me in, something that whispered of a fresh start and a chance to leave my past behind.

As I parked my car and stepped out onto the dusty street, I took a deep breath and looked around me. Jericho may not have been the place I had expected to end up, but in that moment, it felt like exactly where I was meant to be.

MAIN STREET
💥💥💥

DAY TIME 🌞

My car pulled up to the curb, and I stepped out, taking in the sights of the small town. The townspeople glance curiously at me as I walk down the street, my city clothes and demeanor marking me as an outsider.

" Well, this is it. Jericho." I said to myself.

As I walked, I passed by a group of locals chatting outside a diner. They eye me with suspicion.

" Ain't seen you around here before." Local 1 asked me, trying to recognise me.

" No, I'm new in town. Just passing through, actually." I lied.

" Passing through, huh? What brings you to Jericho?" Local 2 asked.

" Just looking for a place to stay for the night. Any recommendations?" I asked, trying not to reveal that I am new.