30 - happy

That night I left a note in my room and went to Calum's. We wanted to spend the night with each other, just to be in the same bed as each other. I fell asleep with my head next to his shoulder and my arm on over his bare torso. It was something I've missed for such a long time with out even knowing it.

I was so blinded by hate and so blinded by being the victim that I didn't stop to realize that I missed apart of me that I knew I shouldn't have pushed away in the first place. I almost couldn't fall asleep at the fact that I was so happy and that was an amazing feeling after having such a hard time getting a long with Calum on this tour. I was finally glad that things were set right.

In the middle of the night I woke up extremely hot. Calum's body heat combined with mine made me sweat and I had to move over and sleep on the cold sheets for a while. Once I was cooled down, I fell right back into the same peaceful sleep I was in, knowing Calum was right by my side.

-------------------------

I woke up an hour later to Calum gasping for air. He shot up so fast that I woke up in a panic. It was only 3:30 am so I still had time to sleep but I had to figure out was was wrong with Calum first.

When I looked over he was sitting up and he was breathing a little bit heavier than normal.

"What's wrong?" I said quietly.

He didn't answer, he just stared off into space. She couldn't see his expressions or if his eyes were open, just the silhouette of his body.

"Cal?" I called to him.

"She's gone," he said.

"What?" I asked him. He didn't seem to be fully conscious, meaning he was still asleep.

"She's gone," he huffed. "I ruined it. She's gone for ever."

"Who is?" I felt my eyebrows scrunch up.

"Ester," he said quietly, almost barley audible.

"I'm right here Calum," I assured him, placing a hand on his shoulder. That seemed to have an effect on him because he suddenly looked at me instead of straight ahead.

"Ester?" he asked sleepily.

"Are you awake?" I asked, unsure now.

"Yeah," he confirmed. "Was I sleep talking?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"About you?"

"Yeah," I repeated. He sighed and laid back down. I laid down with him and he moved to put his head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry," he rubbed his face.

"How long have you been having these dreams?" I asked him now.

"Since the night that I left," he mumbled, right before he fell back asleep.

----------------------------

When I woke up I went straight to my room. I changed and soon everyone was leaving for the airport. I made the decision to stay until Steven and Sariah needed to leave for their flight.

We took the time to go almost everywhere and in the time I made sure they were full aware of the previous night's events. When mentioning it they both almost had a stroke and wouldn't shut up about it until I brought up that Sariah's agenda from the night before.

"Well we just walked around and talked," was all she kept saying. "We caught up after being apart for so long."

"There's no way in hell you just talked," Steven assured her.

"We did I swear," She defended herself.

"Did he kiss you?" I asked promptly.

Steven and I both knew the answer when she didn't say it. Her cheeks just got a darker shade of pink and she looked down at her feet that had been walking all day.

"Is he a good kisser?" I asked curiously.

"I thought you two were just friends?" Sariah asked worried.

"We are!" I laughed "It's not like I thought of him in anyway other than friends. I was preoccupied with Calum and then Niall anyways," I shrugged.

"How are you and Niall?" Steven asked. We had been walking through a town, looking at all the photogenic things that only I might have honestly enjoyed but Steven and Sariah didn't say anything if they truly were bored.

"We're good," I nodded. "Him and Harry are my replacements for you two when you're not around."

"At least we aren't considered the sloppy seconds," Steven chuckled.

"True," was all Sariah said.

We spent the rest of their time together taking silly pictures and discovering interesting things in shops for tourists. The time spent together made it that much harder to say goodbye when it was time. They had to be on there way because Steven had to get back to Chicago, Sariah had work, and I had to get back to taking pictures.

I almost cried at the airport when we parted ways. Even the plane ride to Houston was hard when by myself but once I got off the plane and stepped into the warm night air, I started to feel a bit better. I had work to do and I also wanted to get the pictures from Nashville into the scrapbook I hadn't updated in what seemed like forever.

I got to the hotel and was showed to my room. Once I was settled in I went in search for anyone I could spend my spare time with. Unfortunately, everyone was out finishing up interviews and recordings so I was stuck by myself.

It wasn't until almost midnight that someone knocked at my door. I didn't have a second thought about who it was. I figured Harry would come visit me sooner or later, after Sariah and all.

"Harold," I said dryly as he walked in without an invitation.

"We have things to discuss," was his response. After letting Sariah go back to Luke, he found a girl of his own and spent the whole night with her.

"You are correct," I smirked.

We spent an hour explaining each other's series of events since last night.

"I had an amazing night," Harry finished his explanation with that and it made me smile.

"Maybe you two will get married," I joked and he stuck out his tongue.

"Marriage," he hissed.

"Anyways, where is Niall?" I asked.

As if on cue, Niall walked into the room and fell onto the bed.

"Hello," Harry said tired.

"I don't know why I'm here," Niall sighed. "I'm exhausted."

"Yeah I don't know why you're here either," I said disgusted. "I don't like you."

He only flipped me off and I smiled.

"So," he said after a moment of silence. "You and Calum."

I couldn't help but blush when he said that.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"I'm happy for you," he assured me.

"Thank you," I beamed. I really was happy now as well. I thought about Calum's nightmare and it gave me an idea of how much he probably missed me. Now that everything was finally back to normal, I'm sure Calum was happy too.