53.

Stiles picked Neriah up half an hour ago suggesting her and Scott go to a party with him. It was mainly for Scott's sake since he stank of sadness, and he looked miserable. Neriah wasn't sure who's party they were going to, but Stiles said he knew the host, and who doesn't like a party?

...Actually, they didn't have a very good past with parties. At all.

But hey, maybe this one will be better, and we'll actually have a night we can enjoy together.

"What?" Stiles asked Scott as the three of them walked down a street toward the house where the party was at, the streetlights above them illuminating the pathway.

"What, what do you mean, 'what'?" Scott sent him a confused look, unsure with what the other boy meant.

"I mean 'what,' and you know what," Stiles said and Neriah felt herself getting more annoyed.

"'What' what?"

"Scott!" Neriah exclaimed, losing her grip on her annoyance. "He means that look you were giving."

"I didn't give a look," Scott argued, sending them the same look they were talking about.

"There was a distinct look, Scott," Stiles argued back, making Neriah groan and wanting to hit their heads together.

"What look?"

"Oh, my god," Neriah groaned loudly, grabbing their arms and stopping them. "The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party."

"What she said," Stiles grabbed a thumb at her and they started walking again.

"It's not that," Scott sighed. "It just seems weird going to a different high school's party."

"What? Would you—" Stiles cut himself off with a groan. "God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay?"

Excuse me? This girl? Why didn't he mention a girl earlier?

Neriah grabbed Stiles' ear, stopping him in place.

"Ow, ow, ow. Riah!" Stiles complained, trying to get out of her grip but failing. "What are you doing?"

"Did this girl invite you tonight?" Neriah asked calmly—too calmly.

"Can you let go of my ear first?" he whined, grabbing her wrist gently.

"Answer the question, Stiles," Neriah cooed sweetly as Scott shot a nervous glance to Stiles.

"Fine," he sighed. "She invited me. But what does that matter?"

Neriah let go of his ear, crossing her arms over her chest with an unimpressed look. "A girl you've know most of your life randomly invited you to her party? She likes you."

"What? No, she doesn't!" Stiles protested, shaking his head. "I swear, we're only friends."

"Does she think that?" Neriah asked, arching a brow. "How come I've never heard of you having another friend that's a girl for the past eleven years?"

"Of course, she knows that, and it's Heather. Blonde girl you met once when we first started being friends," he explained with a nervous look.

"The one who didn't like me because you pushed me on the swings?" she deadpanned with an annoyed look.

"Yep, that's her," he nervously laughed. "Come on, Riah. We're here for Scott to get his mind off things. Tonight, no Allison. For Scott."

Neriah looked over at Scott, noticing how he really did need a distraction.