Quittich and Prejudice

ابدأ من البداية

"Okay, so we already have one chaser position filled and we have our keeper picked as well!" I announced, "So we are going to split you up based on position. Chasers are going to Roger; Beaters will be with me. Seekers, hold back and we will observe you together."

"Why is this second-year slut doing tryouts?" A seeker asked. 

"Excuse me?" Roger asked, turning to him, 

"She is a slut, and she's friends with that mud blood with a faggot brother," he told Roger, crossing his arms. 

"Stupefy!" I yelled and he flew back and hit his head on the ground. My hair was a flaming red. 

"What the fuck! You are unstable!" He yelled running up to me. 

"I am! So, do you want to insult me or my friends again!" I scream, my wand still raised. 

"You may leave," Roger said to the seeker, "Anyone who talks negatively of the co-captain or has negative connotations about her and her friends can leave." 

"Whenever Riddle turns on you, I hope it's painful," he spat at me before leaving the pitch. 

"Are you good to continue?" Roger asked me. 

"Yes, beaters, follow me!" I said, forcing a smile. 

Me and Roger conducted the tryouts. I was occasionally watching the seekers to see how my friends were doing. While the beaters were trying out, there were two girls who stood out to me. They were twins, and they were incredible. They have great chemistry, and they are intense. They are perfect. Me and Roger watched the seekers, and one girl was particularly standing out. Her name was Cho Chang. She is quick and agile. She would be the perfect seeker, and I could tell he agreed. 

"Okay first up, we have chosen our beaters," I announced and watched the group who tried out perk up, "And we have decided to go with Yasmine Clark and Balamy Clark!" The two twins let out a squeal and hugged each other. 

"For chasers we have chosen Henry James and Kyra Cortez!" Roger announced. 

Luna hugged Kyra tightly and my hair went half yellow and half blue. I was happy for Kyra, but I would have loved this to work for Luna. At least she can do scorekeeping with Aiden. 

"And for seeker, we have chosen to go with Cho Chang!" I announced. 

After tryouts were over, me, Luna, and Kyra walked back to the castle together. When we got to the table, we saw Aiden talking to the Slytherins. 

"How did it go?" Theo asked as we sat down. 

"Hayden beat the shit out of a boy," Kyra said with a grin, "And you are looking at Ravenclaw's newest chaser." 

"Why?" Aiden asked me. 

"He was a prejudiced asshole," I said with a shrug. 

"And I am now a scorekeeper," Luna said with a smile. 

"I'm sorry, Luna," Theo told her. 

"It's fine. I get to hang out with Aiden," she said and shot the boy a smile. 

"Well, guess who's a chaser!" Blaise said, an excited grin on his face.

"They were that desperate," Kyra teased, but high-fived him. 

"And I am a beater. So, you two better watch out!" Theo said and me and Kyra rolled our eyes. 

"They were really desperate," I agreed. 

"What about you Matty?" Luna asked. 

"Matty?" Blaise asked with a laugh. 

"Is there a problem Blay?" She asked him innocently. 

"Do we all have nicknames?" Kyra asked her. 

"Yes, you do Kai," Luna told her. 

"What's mine?" Theo asked. 

"Nottingham," she said with a shrug. 

"What about me? Your favorite male Ravenclaw?" Aiden asked her. 

"AP," Luna said, and my hair turned yellow watching the interaction. 

"What about me?" I asked, a true smile on my face. 

"I am still deciding. I mean, Hay is an option, but it seems basic," she said dreamily. 

"So, Matty," Kyra said. 

"Only Luna calls me that," he said defensively, "And yes. I will be going after Potter's keeper record." 

"Congratulations!" I said and hugged him. 

He sat stiffly until I pulled away. We were all talking and laughing as we enjoyed dinner. At the end of dinner, Luna grabbed my sleeve. 

"What's up?" I asked her. 

"Sister, that's what I'm thinking. You're like my older sister."

Luna represents the innocence that most of us lost, and I was determined to make sure she kept it.