02 - Baking cupcakes (and feelings)

Mingi found himself in San's café again. Today, Wooyoung didn't even have to drag him here. He wouldn't have admitted that but it was true. His eyes wandered over to the table Yunho usually sat at. He was not there today.

A few seconds later Mingi's view was covered. A guy sat down across from him, and once he was at eye height, Mingi widened his eyes slightly.

"Were you looking for me?" Yunho asked, a smirk on his lips as he looked at Mingi with expectant eyes.

Mingi was caught off guard and just observed Yunho with a surprised expression on his face. He pulled himself together a few seconds later and snorted. "What? Of course not! And why did you decide to sit down here and not at your usual spot? Your omegas must already be waiting for you."

" My omegas? I can't remember that I ever claimed one of them as mine," Yunho responded with a clueless tone as he played dumb and then laughed. "I just let them sit with me because I don't want to be rude. Most of the time I'm working on my studies."

He added something else, "And if anything, the only omega I'm interested in sits in front of me."

Mingi was flattered. Yunho definitely wasn't the first person that showed interest, but it somehow felt different with him. It was the first time since he could think that he didn't feel an ick at someone's words. Still, he tried to change the topic. "That doesn't answer my question."

"Oh, I think it totally answers why I sit here and not at my usual spot." He smiled and then shook his head. "I wanted to thank you for the cupcakes. They were really good."

"You liked them? I'm so glad to hear that!" Mingi expressed happily, a little too happy to his liking, so he immediately turned his smile down a tad. For some reason, he was curious about which one was Yunho's favorite, so he asked.

Before he could answer, San interrupted him by yelling that his drink was ready. Yunho nodded, told his best friend that he'd be there soon, and then locked eyes with Mingi again. A sweet smile was sitting on his lips as he spoke.

"The lemon-flavored one." He leaned in a little closer and said the last part more quietly, "I like everything that has to do with lemons."

With that, he got up. Nothing about the thing Yunho just said would cause a blush on someone's face. Mingi's cheeks, however, were now dusted in a beautiful shade of pink. As an omega whose pheromone scent consisted of lemons, that definitely hit something in his core. And he knew that Yunho wanted him to know that information on purpose.

Mingi's eyes followed Yunho and eventually lingered on his dark hair as he talked to San. Both their heads turned to Mingi who immediately looked away at that. He then looked at Yunho a little later again who now held two drinks as he walked up to the table.

"Here," he said and placed the drink in his right hand down with a soft smile. "Yours was ready too and I decided to bring it to you so you wouldn't have to get up."

Mingi stared at the drink, then straight into Yunho's eyes, and cleared his throat. "Oh, thank you."

"You're very welcome. See you around!"

Something about the smile that was plastered on Yunho's lips was suspicious. He didn't do anything to my drink, did he? Mingi watched Yunho exit the café, then Wooyoung returned to his seat next to him.

"Where'd your secret-not-so-secret admirer go?"

"I don't know," Mingi answered and then laughed, hitting Wooyoung's shoulder. "Don't call him that!"

Wooyoung just smirked at that. He decided to let the topic go for now and not tease his best friend any further. After some time and conversations passed, San finally approached the table both omegas sat at. Wooyoung and Mingi took that as their sign to get up.