It Would Take A Lifetime

(A/N: ok, the drama will settle down in the next 2-3 parts. Later on, a large event will take place. Then it will mostly be calm waves from there. :))

6:18...

Alastor growled to himself. Picking up his mug, he shoved passed Lucifer. Glaring at everybody who was seated at the table in the kitchen.

"Alastor!" Lucifer called, reaching out for Alastor's arm.

Alastor tugged away. "I just- I just need some time alone, to think." He grumbled, pushing Lucifer away from him. He sipped at the coffee, it was strong and bitter, just the way he liked it. It was just like him right now, he felt bitter. Lilith had tried to kill him, just a few hours ago! And nobody would drop the subject, knowing that they don't know the whole story. He bared his teeth, at the thought of that relentless asshole, surviving that fireball. Lucifer has been to worried about him, to make sure that she was actually dead. So Lilith could be roaming around hell, slowly healing. He tugged at his red hair, the fur on his ears spiked up. He didn't want to smile, he didn't want to show his happiness. His dominance, his numbness, his hatred, his guilt, his anger. He didn't want to feel all of these painful emotions. He turned into his shadow, appearing in his own room. He grabbed one of the radios off his dresser, a hesitant hold. Before he threw it at the wall. "Fuck!" He reached for another thing on his dresser, then another. Until there where broken pieces of practically everything, scattered around the floor of his bedroom.

His ears pinned back, he sat down on the floor, his back against his bed. He growled as he looked around the room. Alastor tore the bandage off from around his head, dropping it down next to him. He rushed towards the bathroom, turned on the lights, staring at himself in the mirror. Horror struck him, as he saw the dark, bloody scar. That ran from above his left eye, all the way down his neck. He fell back against the door, his knees pulled up against his chest. His forehead planted against the top of his knees. He knew that the scar would never completely disappear. It would just act as a reminder of when he was not strong enough to fight back.

_

Lucifer watched, as Alastor stormed out of the kitchen. Charlie glancing over at him.

"What was that all about?" She asked, continuing to cut the block of sharp cheddar cheese, that was sitting in front of her.

"I'll go talk to him." Lucifer said, grabbing the mug of coffee that Alastor had started to make for him. He made his way out of the kitchen. Charlie grabbed his shoulder.

"Here, a snack for you both, when you find him." Charlie handed him the charcuterie board of snacks.

Lucifer smiled. "Thanks sweetie." He began to walk away.

"Oh, and dad."

"Yes?"

Charlie took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, for the way I've been acting. I shouldn't have reacted that way when I saw you and Alastor a few days ago." She sighed. "I was just a little shocked. But it was rude to yell at you, about it. I'm really, sorry." She looked up. "And, I'm sure I'll understand why you attacked mom, when you decide to tell me." She leaned towards his ear. "I think you and Alastor are perfect for each other." She whispered.

"I forgive you, hon. And thanks." He headed for the elevator, the charcuterie board, balanced evenly in his hands. He carefully pressed the up button.

_

Once Lucifer arrived by his door, he slowly opened it. He walked in, setting the charcuterie board carefully on his bed. He peered around the room, Alastor was nowhere to be seen. "Alastor?" He called out, glancing into the bathroom. "Al?" He opened the walk in closet, Alastor wasn't in there either. He might be in his room. He picked up the board.