10. Tears Pt.1

Elizabeth's Pov:

The past 2 weeks had been miserable, and I don't mean that the lessons were difficult, or that I had way to much homework, but avoiding Harry was killing me. I could see on his face that it was tearing him apart, but anything esle would probaly be worse. I kept recieving letters, but didn't answer him. Furthermore I refused to talk to him, not in public, not in private. I knew Tom would do anything to keep us apart, if he had set his eyes on something, it would happen. No matter how. In that aspect he was worse than my father.

Mattheo could see that I was sad, I didn't do my homework anymore, and when school was over I just flopped on my bed and fell asleep crying. Tom saw it as well, but either didn't care or thought it was better for me. Tom, heartless Tom, he didn't care about anyone, he only wanted to control me and everyone else.

Friday the last subject that we had was double potions, just after lunch. I hadn't broken up with Harry yet, but I didn't think I could continue this any longer. The reason that I hadn't broken up with Harry was because it felt to final. That when I would break up with him it would be forever.

He and his friends had been trying to talk to me for like half of the lesson already. I just ignored it. when they asked something about the potion, I just plainy answered yes, no or something else. "Do I have to do this?" "yes." "Stir two times right?" "no three times." It broke me but I continued the act. 

When the lesson was almost over I handed in my potion and wnated to leave, but was stopped by Hermione and Harry. "You can't keep avoiding him forever" Hermione insisted. "I can" I shrugged, "no you can't" hermione continued "don't you see it's breaking Harry's heart." I just kept quiet and looked down, then I grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote something down, I handed it to Harry. "See me 8 o'clock this afternoon at the black lake, I'll explain everything later" it read. Harry read it and just nodded, it was a relief that he still wanted to talk to me after what happenend. Tonight it would happen: I would break up with him. I hated to admit it but it was indeed better for the both of us.

___________________________________________

Harry's Pov: 

Elizabeth was avoiding me, but with avoiding me I literally meant avoiding. Each time we would see eachother in the hall way she ran a different direction. It was breaking me, and Ron and Hermione started to see it too. Even though they didn't know about our relationship yet, they could see her behaviour change. After a while of insisting, I finally told them that we were a couple. They were shocked but not surprised. Ron just shrugged knowing that it was because she was in Slytherin or something. I still couldn't believe how it went from a happy relationship to this, Elizabeth seemed very worried and bothered about something. Well that was atleast when I saw her face, because usually she just turned around and walked away.

When we walked into double potions on friday, she was already sitting at our table, the usual spot where would sit together was empty however. She had switched places with Hermione I saw. Just then Snape walked up to our group and scolded Elizabeth for being in the wrong seat. She picked up her bag, and moved back to her usual seat. Even though proffessor Snape was right I did pity Elizabeth a little bit, She seemed to be really struggling with something and I could do nothing to help if she didn't talk to me.

For like the whole lesson we had been trying to talk to her,but she didn't respond. She would answer simple questions about the potions, but nothing more. After the lesson Hermione stopped her and said:"You can't keep avoiding him forever." "I can" she shrugged, "no you can't" hermione continued "don't you see it's breaking Harry's heart." I was touched by the kind gesture of Hermione, even while she didn't like Elizabeth she wanted me to be happy. Then Elizabeth grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote something down, She handed it to me. "See me 8 o'clock this afternoon at the black lake, I'll explain everything later" it read. I read it and just nodded. I mean it was a relief that she even wanted to talk to me, but I doubted that it would be any good news.