S1 EP10: The Doctor Dances Part 3

Start from the beginning

The group makes their way to the tarpaulin covered ship, and the spotlights turn on. The Doctor and Captain pull back the sheet as Rose, Jack and Nancy watch on.

"You see? Just an ambulance." Jack says walking up to the Captain, then round to the Doctor.

"That's an ambulance?" Nancy asks.

"It's hard to explain, it's... it's from another world." Rose explains.

"They've been trying to get in." Jack says.

"Of course they have." the Captain says.

"They think they've got their hands on Hitler's secret weapon." the Doctor says as Jack presses in the code. "What are doing?"

"The sooner you see this thing is empty, the sooner you know I had nothing to do with it." Jack says. Just as he finishes his sentence the thing sparks.

"Oh!" Rose says as everyone takes a step back and an alarm starts.

"Didn't happen last time."

"It hadn't crashed last time. There'll be emergency protocols." the Captain says.

"Doctor, what is that?" Rose asks pointing at a red flashing light.

___________

"Mummy?" Jamie says. All the patients in the hospital rise out of their beds.

___________

"Doctor!"

"Jack, secure those gates!" the Doctor tells him pointing at the gates being battered.

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

"Nancy, how did you get in here?" the Captain asks her.

"Cut the wire." she answers.

"Show Rose." the Captain says handing Rose his screwdriver. "Setting 2428-D."

"What?" Rose asks.

"Reattaches barbed wire. Go!" he tells her.

___________

The patients leave the hospital and they head towards the crash site.

___________

Rose reattaches the barbed wire with the Captain's screwdriver as Nancy hold the wire steady. Once the bottom wire is connected they move to the second one.

"Who are you? Who are any of you?" Nancy asks Rose.

"You'd never believe me if I told ya." Rose says focusing on reattaching the wire.

"You just told me that was an ambulance from another world." Nancy says as they move to the third cut part of the wire. "People are running round with gasmask heads calling for their mummies, and the sky's full of Germans dropping bombs on me. Tell me, do you think there's anything left I couldn't believe?"

"We're time travellers from the future." Rose tells her.

"Mad, you are!" Nancy shakes her head.

"We have a time travel machine. Seriously." Rose says.

"It's not that. All right, you got a time travel machine, I'll believe ya. Believe anything, em. ..But what future?" she asks looking up into the night sky as German planes fly.

"Nancy, this isn't the end. I know how it looks, it's not the end of the world or anything."

"How can you say that? Look at it."

"Listen to me. I was born in this city. I'm from here. In like 50 years time."

"From here?"

"I'm a Londoner. From your future." Rose smiles.