𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐞

.。*゚+.*.。  .。*゚+.*.。

vii.
l a t i b u l e
a hiding place; a place of safety and comfort

.。*゚+.*.。  .。*゚+.*.。

You never imagined that fate, the invisible force that felt vast yet intimate, would one day guide you back to Bokuto and into his dormitory.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" Bokuto declares with outstretched arms as he strides inside. "Heavy emphasis on the humble part."

His dorm is small yet cozy, providing just enough space for him and his presumed absent roommate. You step inside, spotting a compact kitchenette to the side and a minimally furnished living area straight ahead, with a large window offering a view of the campus square.

"It's nice in here," you remark as you place your shoes neatly next to Bokuto's.

"Akaashi usually handles the cleaning while I try to look pretty," he jokes, flashing a grin as you laugh. "Well, sometimes I lend a hand, but he's quite set in his routine and prefers to keep me out of his hair."

"Akaashi?" you ask. "Your roommate?"

"Yes, and he should be here soon," Bokuto replies, joining you by the window. As you gaze out, you find yourself drawn to the neighbouring dorm building directly across the campus square. "Lovely view, isn't it?"

You raise a finger, indicating something outside the window. "That's my room, right there," you mention, prompting Bokuto to shift over for a better look. "Fourth window on the eighth floor."

Bokuto begins counting the windows from the left until he finds the correct one. "Ah, that one is yours!"

"Yeah," you confirm, your tone softening. It suddenly strikes you that during every sleepless night you spent staring out your window, you were unknowingly looking at Bokuto's dorm window. Out of everything that provided you company at night, it was him.

You recall observing the very window you're peering out of now on countless nights — how the living room emitted a gentle glow after dark, and how, by midnight, the lights would typically turn off, or sometimes linger on for another half-hour.

"You okay?" Bokuto asks, noting your momentary silence.

"I might sound a bit crazy," you admit, turning to face him, "but every night I spent awake, I would watch your window — this window."

Bokuto's expression shifts in surprise. "Seriously?"

"Yup," you affirm, finding his reaction endearing. "It's a coincidence that out of all the windows in your building, yours always caught my eye. I'd like to believe that the light from your window was a sign that everything will be okay. Well, until it switched off around midnight," you explain, trailing off as you realize you might be oversharing. You don't want to come across as some sort of stalker.

However, Bokuto is intrigued. Coincidence, huh? "Keep going."

"You sure?"

"Yeah! I like what you have to say," Bokuto insists.

"Alright then," you reply, averting your gaze to your hands. "This window became a sort of anchor for me. Sometimes, I'd see a shadow pass by, and who knows, maybe it was you."

"Wow..." Bokuto says quietly, then he claps his hands together with a loud smack, making you jump. "Wow! I'm actually amazed that... you really believe this is all just a coincidence?"