𝐯. 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚

.。*゚+.*.。  .。*゚+.*.。

v.
q u e r e n c i a
a place where one feels safe, at home, and a sense of belonging.

.。*゚+.*.。  .。*゚+.*.。

"You know, I told her about cosmic car crashes."

"No way, dude!"

"I did!"

"She probably thinks you're crazy."

"Yeah... but who doesn't?"

Bokuto and Kuroo's conversation about constellations and crashes happening out in the great expanse known as outer space leaves Akaashi bored as he pokes his chopsticks into his rice and barbeque — not because he doesn't want to eat it, but because he wants to save it for his friend, just like he did all the previous times when he and Kuroo visited the hospital.

The agreement was simple: as long as Bokuto stuck to his care plan, Kuroo and Akaashi would treat him to his favourite foods. Now, with his injuries nearly healed and him no longer having to depend on crutches, Bokuto is finally scheduled for discharge.

He's finally going back to school, back to campus where he knows you are.

"We're heading back to school after you finish eating," Akaashi interrupts their conversation. "Have you packed everything?"

"Yeah," Bokuto replies between bites. During one of their visits, Kuroo and Akaashi had brought a small suitcase filled with Bokuto's clothes, toiletries, and other essentials. Now, he eyes the neatly packed luggage, ready to be taken home.

Akaashi closes his food container. "You sure?"

"Absolutely sure!"

"You got your prescriptions?"

"Yeaaaah," Bokuto sighs, and Kuroo delves into the suitcase to double-check. "Got the painkillers and blood thinners."

"Kuroo-san?" Akaashi seeks confirmation from his friend.

And, under the heap of wrinkly unwashed clothes, Kuroo finds Bokuto's prescriptions in a plastic bag. "It's here."

"The extra wound dressings, too?"

More rummaging. "Yup. He's set."

"See?" Bokuto beams at Akaashi. Akaashi responds with a subtle eye roll. "I told you, I can take care of myself! The painkillers are for my pain, the blood thinners are to thin out my blood and help with blood flow, and dressings in case of emergencies. Simple!"

Akaashi looks Bokuto up and down, his eyes sharp. Despite his expression, he's over the moon knowing that he won't be alone in his dorm anymore.

There have been lonely nights where he'd call Kuroo just to have company during the evening. But at night... Akaashi has found it difficult to sleep. Most nights, he'd tell Bokuto keep it down, or you're so loud.

But ever since the crash, Akaashi never thought that he'd miss the noise of his friend, the constant reassurance that he was alive and healthy and by his side.

"Alright, then," Akaashi allows a hint of his joy to surface in a small smile. "Take your time eating. We have a long drive ahead of us."

.。*゚+.*.。  .。*゚+.*.。

With Akaashi carrying the two shoeboxes filled with cards and Kuroo wheeling his friend's luggage, Bokuto eagerly swings open the door to his campus dorm. "Home sweet home!" he exclaims, darting into the compact living space and spinning around, his arms outstretched and head thrown back. "Man, it feels amazing to be back."