Wolf.

(RECAP)...

"I have a duty to you too. You know what, screw the mistake thing. I kissed you because I truly couldn't help myself, not just because you were in front of me and you were near, but because I really do like you, I like you so much that I'm debating what comes first as my priority, you or my kingdom. And knowing that I've been loyal to my kingdom my whole life, do you know how special you have to be to make me question that loyalty in a matter of weeks?"

_____________________________

Jisung was speechless. Minho's words felt like a warm embrace, and it was something he was not used to at all. For the first time since he had arrived at the palace, he felt truly loved. And he realized that despite its complications, he wanted to try things out with Minho.

Minho smiled, he knew he was able to get through to Jisung. But there was still one last thing to resolve before they could take their relationship any further.

"There's a few things you should know, though," Minho said, taking Jisung's hands in his. "One, my mother is not going to just accept this. She will do everything in her power to separate us or prevent us from actually having a proper relationship. Two, the whole kingdom, or well, at least a very loud minority, will treat us like an abomination. So, are you okay with that?"

Despite the potential pitfalls ahead, Jisung was unafraid. He knew that Minho was worth fighting for, and that the two of them could face whatever came their way together.

"I'm okay with that," Jisung said firmly. "I want to be with you, and I'm willing to go through whatever challenges come our way to make it work."

Minho smiled, "Are you sure this is what you want?"

Jisung nodded, "I'm sure."

He intertwined their fingers together.

"I want to be with you," he said softly, "no matter what we have to go through."

Jisung got worried about how Minho's wolf would react to him from now on, "How is your wolf going to treat me now?"

Minho hesitated, unsure of how to respond. But Jisung's concerns were valid. His wolf had a mind of its own and Minho's feelings couldn't always be relied upon to control it.

"I can only make promises for myself," he finally said. "But I will do everything in my power to make sure he doesn't hurt you or threaten you in any way. After all, he and I have our own special relationship."

"But you said you wolf really wants me, right? Would it harm me because of that want?" Jisung asked.

Minho frowned at this question, he hadn’t considered his wolf’s desire to be with Jisung.

“I'm not entirely sure how he would react if he saw you as a threat,” Minho said. “He may challenge you for my attention, or he may become jealous. It's hard to say.”

"can your own wolf actually become jealous even though it's a part of you?"

“Yes, it absolutely can,” Minho confirmed. “Although he is a part of me, we still have our own distinct personalities and motivations. He has his own desires and I have mine. And since his desires are mostly for me, I suppose it's not unreasonable to think he may get jealous.”