𝖙𝖜𝖔

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈 - 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👻 ꒱

The four boys trailed the ghost that they had encountered, unease seeping off of all of them no matter how much they would attempt to deny it. The spectral being had led them into what appeared to be a library-type room, with shelves and shelves of books. They sat atop a fireplace in the middle of the room, a peaceful yet eerie smile on their face.

"Who are you?" Cartman asked, despite not really caring about who they were, only the profit that he could make off their capture. But he didn't truly have anything to ensnare the ethereal being with, only a vacuum pack that came with the costume. It functioned, sure, but it certainly wasn't going to aid in the acquisition of the soul in front of him.

"A ghost, but I'm sure you knew that," the ghost spoke, ensuring the information they gave away was nothing personal. These people were there to take them, surely, so there was no need to get friendly with them when that connection would be severed without a care. But they had noticed that the four boys didn't quite seem equipped for the task at hand. "Better question, who do you think you're capturing like that?"

"We uh, didn't think we'd be capturing anything.." Stan reluctantly admitted, the experience shifting his belief in ghosts. He always considered them a possibility, but not a certainty. South Park was always bizarre when it came to mythical beings, so he supposed he should have expected spirits to exist here as well.

"Whatever, we can still get them!" Cartman declared, grabbing at the vacuum pack that was positioned on his back. He had always known that ghosts existed since his possession situation years ago with Kenny, but Stan and Kyle had forgotten about the ordeal. He took his accessory from his back, going up and waving it at the ghost. Him brandishing the toy vacuum pack at them elicited an amused eyebrow raise from the soul, who didn't move from the spot where they were currently seated.

They managed to keep their composure before bursting out laughing. "Hey! What're you laughing at bitch!" Cartman yelled, pissed off that they were laughing at his expense. "I cannot believe you thought that would do anything," they continued giggling, their snickers mixing with the insults that Cartman was throwing at them, as well as the quiet laughter of the other boys. They eventually regained their self-control, adding despite knowing the answer, "Do you guys even know how to properly capture a spirit?"

Their question was met with awkward "uh"s and stammered out responses. "Okay, so that's a no. Thought so," they commented, hopping down from the fireplace and making their way past the obese boy that had screamed insults at them moments prior to float in front of the other three boys. They had been rather quiet, other than laughing at Cartman's idiocy a minute or so ago. "Well then, I have a deal for you guys."

"We aren't taking any deal from you-" "What is it?" Kyle cut Cartman off, much to the ginger's satisfaction and the overweight boy's annoyance. "If you agree not to capture me at any point in time, I will help you guys with your ghost hunting," the ghost proposed. A stillness blanketed the room as each of the boys mulled the deal over.

Stan thought the idea seemed fair enough, besides if they were going to continue with ghost hunting then they would need all the help they could get. Even if that assistance stemmed from the same thing they were capturing. Kyle was reluctant to go with the idea, since it would mean that he would have to continue with the same thing he didn't want to do in the first place. But it would also mean that he would figure out more about ghosts, one of the supernatural creatures that lingered in this town, and he was always up for obtaining more knowledge. Kenny was fully on board with the idea. Ghost hunting seemed like a fun enough hobby, or rather job with how they were operating it. Besides, it didn't hurt that the ghost that they would be collaborating with was rather pretty.

Cartman was extremely conflicted. On one hand, they laughed at him! He wasn't going to willingly work with someone who disrespected his authority! He hardly even wanted to work with Kyle, since in Cartman's words he was "a sneaky Jew that would steal all the money behind their backs". Even though that was more something he would do. Plus, Cartman was planning on sacrificing Kyle to anything dangerous they could possibly encounter, even though Kenny would be a better choice for that due to his immortality curse. But also, with them on their team, they would be able to actually obtain the ghosts, and possibly profit even further. So, he supposed he would have to put up with it for the sake of the possible cash increase.

All four boys mumbled out their agreement, although for Cartman it was more of a grumble. "Alright then. I'll tell you guys how when we leave this house. Just tell the owner that you captured me, I'll meet you guys outside," the spectral individual instructed, before their wispy form faded into nothingness.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👻 ꒱

The spirit was floating around outside the house, patiently waiting for the appearance of the group they had made a deal with, although what they gained wasn't just protection from the possibility of being caught by them. But the boys didn't know that, and they didn't intend on telling them. Sunlight streamed straight through their unseen form, making the snow below them blindingly bright. They would have had to squint, if they were still alive, but since their death any luminosity didn't have the same effect on their retinas. They were brought out of their reverie by the muted noise of hinges squeaking. Their pupils shifted from the slushy snow to the four boys now exiting the house with $20 bills in their hands. The black-haired and ginger boys looked happy about it, but not nearly as much as the boy in the orange parka, who looked at it like it was a $100 bill instead.

The soul floated close to the ground, before allowing the light to hit them in order to make their body apparent. The four snapped their heads up at the sudden intrusion in their peripheral view, and only calmed slightly when they saw it was just the ghost they met moments ago. The spirit wasn't upset by their vague distrust, they understood completely that they weren't exactly trustworthy yet. "Ready to learn how to capture a ghost?"

𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥...