Chapter 2: Confined

"How many times have I told you to avoid asking me such questions. My decision is final.. you better not go against my will." The cold voice spoke making the poor blond boy shake. Every time his father would raise his voice at him, it felt like a thousand of knifes were pointed in his direction.

Whenever he simply interacted with his dad, the atmosphere would grow tense. It made him feel enclosed in a box of thick black claustrophobia.
All Niki had asked was if he could be a dancer and show off his talent online.. what was wrong with that?

His parents never told him why they wouldn't allow him, never gave a valid reason to justify themselves leaving Niki in complete confusion. His father would often scream at him, ordering him around whereas as his mother would simply watch from the corner, her eyes showing guilt.

Ever since, the blond was little, he always admired how skillful artists were and how they would express themselves gracefully through the world of dance on an app known as DanceLit, a famous platform reserved for dancers who wanted to show off their talent. It was insanely popular among teens as well! Those who couldn't dance could watch and give their opinion on the performers.

He wanted to be able to do the same too, he wanted to be like them or even better... Unfortunately, his father only confined him to the four walls of his dark and empty room. He practiced dancing from a very young age and had significantly improved over the years, his dancing skills being smooth. Niki wanted to be even better and prove to everyone that he was and amazing dancer.

Niki would watch with envy all the talented dancers and how free they looked.

Freedom

That's all he wanted.

Guess being the son of one of the wealthiest of Japan had certain consequences, unlike how some people would say. His father owned several countries all throughout Japan, he had just recently established a new one in South Korea which explains why Niki moved there.

The male wasn't complaining though.. he could finally go to college instead of being homeschooled by some incompetent person who would constantly make him feel like an idiot. He was able to make friends, real ones.

He didn't want all this power or money. He wanted a normal life where he could do what he loves the most.

"Go to your room and don't think about asking me this question again. You will face severe punishment if you ever disobey." M. Nishimura scoffed before exiting the room, his wife following behind him.

"Ugh... I hate this." Niki said as he placed his hands on his head.

Niki walked up the stairs towards his room, feeling like all hope he had was gone. He thought after getting excellent grades at school he would be able to convince his father to at least allow him to take dance classes.. but guess life wasn't in his favour.

He sat on his bed, looking through the window lost in thoughts. Times like this made him feel weak and helpless.. why did his father have to be so cruel towards him?

—⭐️—

"Have you talked to your father about it?" Niki's best friend spoke, as a hint of worry could be read in his eyes,

"I did.. Jake! I don't know what to do...it's hopeless.. I've tried." Niki groaned, earning a slight huff from his friend.

"I wish I could help you... Maybe signing up for dance club at school could help?" Jake suggested.

"I would love to but my dad is in close contact with the school.. so basically whatever I do, he will find out."

"Awe man. I don't know how to help you.."

"It's okay.. I'll find a solution eventually even if it takes forever"

"I'm sure you'll find something! You have me to help!"

"I know.." Niki smiled softly.

The whole day felt like hours of torture as Niki constantly stared at the clock, hoping the time would go faster. It was really testing his patience. As soon as the bell rang, Niki rushed hastily outside the school, he saw that his driver was waiting for him outside.

"Ugh..." Niki scoffed.

Niki decided to make a run for it. He might get in trouble for it later... but he simply wanted to be on his own. So that's what he did, he covered himself with his hoodie and ran past the driver, praying that the man wouldn't recognize him.

He ran for a while, until he felt he was far enough. He breathed heavily trying to catch his breathe before he realized that he was in front of a weird looking shop. He wouldn't say it didn't intrigue him to know what was inside.

He slowly pushed open the door and was surprised to see all sorts of ..masks? There were different colored designs and it came in all sorts of shapes and sizes. He admired the detailed style  and the colors that blended perfectly.

"Woah.."

He walked through the small shop, unable to take his eyes off the beauty of the masks.

That was when, Niki thought of something, which had risks but a high chance of success.
It was a great idea.

"Mask... Oh my god! I can use a mask to hide my face. If I can't do it with my father's permission then it can be a secret. I'll hide my face so he won't know about this! This is an amazing idea." Niki said, as he jumped with excitement

"Can I help you with something sir?" the owner suddenly entered the shop, startling the blonde.

"Uh.. I want to purchase a mask... would it be possible?" Niki spoke softly, slightly embarrassed by his childish behavior.

"Yes of course.. choose which one would you like .. if you want a personalized one.. you have to come to get it in a few days. You can pick your design, colors and style for now."

"Okay.. I want to choose the design." Niki said.

"Great.. come right this way.."

Niki felt his heart beating extremely fast, this was a great opportunity.. maybe he would be able to achieve his dream.. even if it was behind a mask.

____________________________

Thanks for reading :)
I hope you like it
💗💗

Bye
1022 words