Not The Pigeons Please

Start from the beginning

"What have you both got against Cyclopes, any-way?!" he shouted

Annabeth's ears turned pink. Which looked like she was trying not to say something bad. Percy turned to me getting past the personal space boundary. 

"I don't really know" I said. While looking at my hand "My memories are still fuzzy and I haven't been able to read my journal since Tantalus has been keeping me busy. But my body keeps trying to warn me when we are around that Cy-"

"His name is TYSON" he shouted 

Annabeth stood up getting between us pushing Percy back a bit. "Just forget it," she said. "Now let's get back to the chariot design. The axle for this chariot-" she said getting comfy again.

"You're both treating him like he's this horrible thing," he said. "He saved my life."

Annabeth threw down her pencil and stood up once more. I've never seen her treat her tools for writing in such a way. "Then maybe you should design a chariot with him."

oh no please don't-

"Maybe I should," 

"FINE!" 

"FINE!" she shouted back. "Come on Y/n, you and me are racing together."

"Wait what?"

She stormed off grabbing me by my shirt from behind, dragging me on my heels along with her and leaving Percy to wallow in his self-pity.

"Wait Annabeth I don't want to race." I said which she ignored. "By the gods when did you get so strong" I said. 

"Percy help me" I said reaching out to him

he turned around of course he would. . .

After a while I was able to walk on my own side by side Annabeth it was quiet until she mumbled something.

"What was that?" 

"Your scar—" she paused turning away "It's not ugly. . ."

"Oh. Thanks"

"Yeah-now come on Lucky I want to win against that seaweed brain." she finished walking further ahead of me.

Have not heard that nickname since last summer it felt funny hearing her call me that.  If only she knew I haven't been so lucky lately.

***

The next couple of days were . . . something  I guess. Annabeth and Percy were not in talking terms. And I had played messenger for them sometimes. Speaking about Annabeth she and I have completed our design for the chariot. Don't get me wrong she's fun to spend time with and all, but it was either us talking about the chariot or her bad mouthing Percy. After we finished the chariot you can guess what we talked about mostly—not really interesting. 

So today, I'm standing beside Percy who finally cold off and we back together like nothing ever happened. Silena Beauregard, one of the nicer girls from Aphrodite's cabin, gave him his first riding lesson on a pegasus. Not THE Pegasus rather his kids. Which she explained.  I always wondered what happened to him after he'd helped Bellerophon and I fight the Chimera.

I must admit Percy looked super worried at first when it came to riding in the air. But he picked it up rather quickly and his mood changed just as fast. I bet it was because last summer Zeus tried to kill him and the sky is his domain. He was screaming at the top of his lungs in the distance. 

I really wanted to fly up there with him to see his reaction, but I was sitting on the ground with Silena. She was helping me preen my wings mostly the ones by my shoulder blades. I could not reach those. AND no! I wasn't using my mouth like a beak. I used my hands thank you. She kept all the feathers that came off and made nice hair ornament.