Salior uniforms and a cherry red bikni.

July 1st of '85

Winnie's pov

"Welcome to scoops ahoy, how can I help?" I looked up at the couple in front of me. I had picked up a job at the brand new Starcourt mall because the music store went out of business because of it. A lot had happened since December. Billy and I were off and on like a light switch and right now, we are we were off. Our relationship was complicated but I always came crawling back, stupid. But I stayed with him because at least he was getting better. Last time he cheated was 5 months ago, I caught him making out with a girl at the drive in movie theater when he said he had to stay with Max at the arcade, that was fun. I honestly wonder how I still love him, but hey as he said "Soulmates". But if I ever needed anything, I had Steve.

Steve and I had become close friends and often went over to each others houses just to complain about how the one we loved didn't like us back, best duo ever, no offense Dustin. But whenever I needed it, whether it was for fun and just needed a date, we went out. We made a power best friends. But there was a third that had been added to our little group. The coolest band nerd ever, Robin Buckley. She was badass, loved teasing Steve and was my best friend. Cassie had moved with her mother after her and Tommy's dad's divorce, and somehow I had met Robin the day Cassie left.

I was serving up two scoops of chocolate to a couple and got the money as the left. I leaned against the counter and I looked as no one but Steve Harrington came speeding in.
"Well morning sleepyhead.. OR SHOULD I SAY AFTERNOON."
He scoffed as he adjusted his sailors uniform that we all had to wear, "I know, I know. I slept in."
I crossed my arms and I heard the sliding window open behind us, "Afternoon, Popeye."
Robin said sarcastically, her brownish blue eyes twinkling with boredom and mischief, she was gonna kill Steve for being late.
"I have been covering for you, dipshit." I said as I took off the little sailors hat, walked into the back room and stuffed the ugly hat in my bag.
His eyes narrowed and I smirked. Robin came up and leaned against me. "Can I kill him first?" Robin asked as she rested her arm on my shoulder as we stared down Steve.
"You can have what's left." I said coldly as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

Robin and I both laughed as Steve looked pissed off. I signed the clock out sheet, "Better watch out Stevie. I might slap you next time you're late." Robin chuckled and raised an eyebrow. She was so cool.
I high fived Robin as i walked out and I saluted them.
"Bye guys, it is time to for me to go."
Robin pumped her fist and Steve slapped his forehead. "I am surrounded by girls, yet none of them like me." He muttered as he pushed his hair out of his face and out on the sailor cap.
I laughed as I walked out and waved.
Today's plan was to go to the pool and wear the brand new bikini I got and show it off. It was a cherry red bikini that was very scandalous.
Oh yeah, Billy got a job as a lifeguard at the local pool.

I ran out of the mall, dodging groups of teens and adults. I manged to get out to the crowded parking lot and find my car. I get into the seat and throw my bag onto the seat. I put my sunglasses on as the car hummed to life and I pulled out and started the drive. "Hot blooded" playing on the radio.