Prologue: 5 years ago

"Cmon Billy!" Winnie shouted at her best friend as she sprinted down the empty street. Her long white hair being tossed though the night wind.

"I'm comin I'm comin!" He shouted back chasing after her. His blue eyes twinkling under the sliver of moonlight.

Billy and Winnie had been best friends since they were 4 years old. The duo were inseparable. Winnie, with her long white hair and grey eye full of adventure and happiness. Billy with his blonde hair and blue eyes  shinning under the moonlight, was following her closely as they ran down the empty road.

"Damn you can run fast!" Billy shouted to the tow-head. He was trying to keep up with her.
"I know!" Winnie yelled back at Billy.

The two continued running. He eventually caught up and took her hand in his. They ran side by side. Their hands interlocked. Having not a care in the world. To the 12 year old Winnie and 13 year old Billy, nothing mattered except that they were together.

They eventually ran up to a bench and sat down. Both out of breath and laughing. Winnie than spoke up. "I bet it sounds dorky but let's make a promise to always protect and take care of each other."

She smiled as she held her index finger. Billy chucked and wrapped his index finger around hers. "Okay I promise."

The two put their foreheads together. "Thanks Billy. You're the best." Winnie whispered.
"Right back atcha Winnie."

~time skip to the next morning~

Billy woke up and rushed out of  bed. Grabbing his clothes and rushing out of the house as fast as possible, to avoid his dad, and go find Winnie. Like every Sunday, they go to the beach together. As he raced up to her house, he noticed it was dark and quiet, Which was surprising for her house. Which is usually very lively. As he walked up he noticed the fact that her parents cars weren't in the driveway. As Billy walked up the neighbor who lived next to them, Lee Miller, shouted to Billy.

"They left half way through the night! Gone like the wind itself."

Billy's heart shattered and dropped in his chest. It felt like everything happy in his life was pulled back like the tide, away from him and his life. He felt, sad, angry and betrayed. She was his only light in his dark void of his life. She was gone. And there was nothing he can do. As he walked away, his head hung low, he felt the tiniest bit of hatred and anger towards her.