𝐯𝐢. 𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐚

𝐯𝐢.
𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐜 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

"Bitch, you do realize what time it is, right?" Julia scolds from the opposite end of the phone call.

"I was running on fumes when I got home last night Jules. I needed sleep." I say lowly as I shift through a clothing rack. It's true though. I was exhausted by the time Derek dropped me off at my building.

He didn't talk much either, which was strange. Considering all he did the entire night leading up to the drive home was run his mouth. The final exchange between us was Derek asking if I wanted him to walk me up.

I declined.

"Well, when one goes out clubbing with one of the world's biggest stars on the whole continent, one still needs to call their bestie to break the entire night down for them. Even if they're running on nonexistent fumes."

"One was tired, and their bed was practically pleading for them to lay in it," I sigh, exasperated, "I'm sorry I didn't call."

She hums, a bit outstretched and too long for my liking. "I forgive you. I just wanted to hear you grovel first." A short laugh follows suit, and I roll my eyes.

"How was your night? Did you get home okay?"

"Ela, those guards whisked me away like fucking secret agents. It was kind of hot if I'm being honest," She laughs as she talks, and I'm glad she isn't upset that I left without her. "They even drove me home in one of those blacked-out Tahoes—or was it an Escalade? Fuck, I can't remember. You know, the ones they normally use in those high-speed chase movies? That thing's probably bulletproof proof too."

"Were they hot, at least?"

"Only one of them. The same one that escorted us inside. I think what did it for me were those tattoos of his. I love a man with tats."

"Me too," I bite my lip, trying very hard not to think about a certain someone's neck tattoo I'd been ogling only hours ago.

"Speaking of tatted men," Julia implies, "Spill everything. Please. And don't leave anything out."

I don't.

And once I completely catch her up to speed, she's speechless.

"Holy fuck," Julia mutters after another minute of silence. "Have you told Cady yet?"

"Nope. I've been procrastinating."

"She's going to freak out. Mainly because you didn't tell her right away, but still," There's a momentary pause before she sighs and says, "I think I would've passed out before he even bought those shots. I couldn't even look him in the eye at the club."