Chapter 13: Changing campus life of Class B

Kei POV

In front of the Class B classroom door, Kiyotaka and I find ourselves in a moment of parting ways. Despite being aware of his need to proceed to a different classroom, I confess to feeling a sense of solitude. As a token of affection, I offer him a tender kiss before extending an invitation to join me for lunch later in the day, to which he responds with a nod of agreement. Lastly, as I open the door, I observe Kiyotaka making his way towards his new classroom.

I go to my classroom. I see many people looking at me. Then I saw Hirata-kun, Horikita-san and Kushida-san walking me.

"Karuizawa san, did you ask anything about why Ayanokouji-kun was holding back?"Kushida asked me.

Indeed, I am aware of the reason why he is displaying restraint, and I have decided not to disclose this information to anyone. Kiyotaka informed me that if the class inquires about the cause of his hesitation, I should simply reply by saying it is due to Horikita-san's simplicity.

"Yes, yesterday I asked him and his answer said it was Horikita-san's plan."

Then everyone looks at Horikita san and I see her face doesn't understand why I said her name. Kiyotaka told me that I needed to make Horikita-san answer this question.

"Yeah..."I hear her voice doesn't have so much confidence.

"Horikita, why do you need Ayanokouji holding back ??"Ike Kun asked her.

"Under these circumstances, it is understandable to harbour doubts. If I were an uninformed student, I might have presumed that Ayanokouji-kun was behaving inappropriately, similar to yourself. Nonetheless, that is not the scenario at hand.

"Horikita san paused for a while, slightly drawing the attention of her classmates.

"Furthermore, I intend to provide the same clarification to individuals who are currently not in attendance. To elucidate the enigma behind Ayanokouji Kun's impeccable statistics, it is imperative to revisit the early spring of last year."

Early spring last year in other words, after we entered this school.

"Despite having switched seats some time ago, I recollect being seated adjacent to Ayanokouji Kun before that occurrence. Hence, I believe my memory of our interaction remains intact. Upon my arrival at school, I engaged in conversation with Ayanokoji kun and fortuitously discovered that he excels in academic endeavours, particularly in reading, surpassing even my capabilities."

"Based on the data available, Ayanokouji's grades were generally average after his admission, suggesting that there is nothing extraordinary about his academic performance. Additionally, he holds a C rank within the overall OAA rankings."

Upon reflection, Yukimura-kun acknowledged that he had indeed made audible sounds, although Horikita remained unaffected by them.

"Of course. Because at the end of the first exam, my strategy began to be executed."

After Horikita san said this started walking towards the podium. This is to receive the eyes of all the students.

"He had enough knowledge from the start to get a perfect score in all. I knew about it earlier than anyone, so I thought of a little bit of strategy."

"...A little bit of strategy?"

According to Yukimura-kun, he probably had more than one question.

However, Horikita-san persistently discussed this point for a while, shifting the focus not on how knowledge is acquired, but on why one would conceal the ability to read. She emphasized this aspect, capturing everyone's attention.