Chapter 12: The Talk 🔞

3rd POV

3rd POV

It's been a week since Alec and Jake have talked. Alec and Lilith had skipped town to allow Alec to recharge for a bit. Jake had found out from Elijah, who decided to stay to keep watch of Victoria.

The news only made Jake cry more than anything. He locked himself up in his room, wallowing in self pity. Billy could practically feel the heartbreak that young boy felt. He only wanted to be with his lover, but he messed that all up over a promise. Or more so, a threat.

Jake's POV

I lay limply in bed, facing the wall. I miss him. My brightening star that shined as bright as the sun. I need him. I let out a small whimper and cry from the precious moments of us that flash through my mind.

I hear my room door open, but I make no effort to turn around. "I'm fine, Dad," I call out, my voice hoarse and cracking a bit.

There's a sound of shuffling before a deep voice asks, "You sure about that, puppy?"

Is that? No, it can't be. I turn my body to see my Alec standing in my doorway. Tears well up in my eyes as I admire. He looks absolutely perfect, but the only thing different is the emotionless he wears on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him in a wary voice, almost inaudible, "Shouldn't you hate me?"

He shakes his head in a "no" motion. "No, I shouldn't, especially if I've been told by Diablo that something bigger happened than what is led on," he explains.

I only shake my head in denial. "It wouldn't change anything," I attempt to tell him, but he only ignores it.

He walks closer to me and glares a bit at me. "Try me," he tests.

I take in a deep breath before exhaling. "I did go to Bella's, but I didn't willingly want to tell her. I never really wanted to just leave Bella, she was my long-lasting childhood friend, and thar is hard to let. So when the pack told me I couldn't be around her, to spite them, I went over knowing that they'll follow me. I also wanted to apologize that I've might have been overexaggerating when I confronted her about lying. S-she has p-pulled me into a hug. I t-thought it was a regular hug, but s-she started touching and grabbing me," I explain, tears now trailing down my face.

Alec looks at me solemnly and moves over to sit down on my bed. He pulls my head onto his lap. He caresses my hair to calm me down. "Where did she touch you?" He asks in a calming whisper.

I let out a sniffle. "Everywhere. She told me that I was only being sensitive and if I protected her and told her what happened to me, she would. I could have used my strength, but I didn't want to hurt her and possibly get in trouble, so I told her," I explain further, now crying even more. I wrap my arms around Alec's waist for comfort. He's all I need.

Alec's POV

I am practically seething with anger at the newfound information. Our mate was harmed because of some stuck-up, stubborn bitch. I go to get up, so I can give Bella hell, but Jake pulls me back.