I stand from the couch, trying to keep my cool as I walk over to her and Aaliyah. Hug Aaliyah hello first so I can spend most of my time and focus on the one girl that my heart beats for.

"Hey." She smiles softly

"Hi." I smile back. Feel like I can melt just looking at her.

"Merry Christmas Eve." Her arms are outstretched

"Merry Christmas Eve." I repeat, bringing her into a hug.

If you told me I'd get to spend Christmas Eve with my ex girlfriend, a year later after no contact. I would have told you to fuck off and stop taking the piss with me. But the fact that I'm actually getting to do it, is everything to me. I couldn't think of anything better.

I lead her and Aaliyah through the house to the kitchen where mum and dad are.

The girls exchange hi's. Mum and Harmony get into a conversion about her foot. Harmony looks over at me every now and again, whenever she mentions me in the story.

"She's incapable of listening!" I pitch in. Smiling smugly as I lean against the kitchen counter, watching as Harmony scowls at me before turning back to my mum.

Mum tells her how much she's missed her. Hugs her again. I love watching them together. The two women that mean the most to me. I love that they get along so well.

Mum thanks Harmomy for the plant, eagerly pulls her with her out of the kitchen to show her where she's put it.

Aaliyah and I follow the pair out, back into the living room.

Harmony and mum are gasping over the plant. Saying all kind of things like how beautiful it is, how fast it's growing. I kind of zone out of what they're saying, watch them instead with a satisfied smile.

Harmony's finally finished her plant admiring with mum, she returns back to me.

"Getting your mum a plant was such a good idea of mine." She smiles proudly.

"It was. She likes you better than me now."

"She always has." Harmony teases.

I laugh, rolling my eyes at her. Gesture to the couch for her to sit. She follows me there. I take her crutches out of her hands, placing them down gently on the floor.

"Where's Leah?" She questions as she sits.

I scan the room, only to find Aaliyah and Toby in what seems to be a very deep conversion. Eyes locked, smiling and laughing.

"When did that happen." Harmony points

I shrug. Toby hasn't said anything.

"Toby didn't say anything."

"Neither did Aaliyah."

"You think they're—you know?" Harms asks

I look over at the pair. Wouldn't be the strangest thing if they were. They get on. Toby's said he finds her attractive. They have similar vibes.