1- Rick Grimes Part 1

Y/n's POV:

We had been on the road for a while now. After the fall of the prison our whole group got separated. Luckily, me , Carl, Rick and Judith remained together. Slowly the whole group got back together again. I remember finding Daryl ( my best friend) like it was yesterday . I was so extremely happy when I saw him again after weeks of separation.

Right now though we were running out of food and water no matter where we try to scavenge everything has already been turned over more than once. It was clear as day we weren't going to find any food any time soon.
After walking for another day we decided to go stop for the night at a house quite literally in the middle of nowhere. Maybe today was our lucky day. Me , Rick , Glenn and Daryl decide to go check the house.
"On my count , Y/n stay close to me , Daryl and Glenn stay together" says Rick "1..2..3!" He kicks the door in and we make our way through the house. Rick right on my tail as we make our way up the stairs knives in hands - since we can't spare any amo in case we need it later on. A walker comes out of nowhere at me. I stab the knife through its head before it had to chance to bite anyone. I let out a large sigh . Rick grabs me by my shoulders " you alright?" .
"Yeah I'm good" I say closing my eyes leaning my forehead on his chest for a second before we decide to finish the check.
The exhaustion that all of us felt was unreal. Nothing like ever before. Not only was I tired I was hungry . We all were.
After clearing out the whole house of walkers and dumping them outside everyone else came in and settled on the couches and floor. After everything we have been through I don't think anyone wants to sleep upstairs separate from everyone else. As the mother of the group (figuratively) I make sure everyone is okay, gathering blankets from upstairs and anything else that brings comfort to them. Afterwards I make my way to kitchen trying to find anything that might have been left behind. To my luck I find some cans of beans and some old water bottles. I sigh in relief thank goodness that I found these . "Hey guys ! Guess what I found!!" I nearly shout from the kitchen , so excited to have found food for everyone.
Rick is the first to enter the kitchen I smile widely at him, and he smiles back at me when he sees the counter behind me.

An hour passes everyone is fed and hydrated, including Judith. I had mashed the beans for her and fed her. Have I eaten ? No but I have to make sure everyone else is good, that's main priority. I mean cmon seeing Judith so happy and no longer crying makes me so content. As I get up my eyes go black . I go dizzy . In an attempt to grab onto something to stabilize myself I drop the bowl .
"Shit" I say as I get on my knees in an attempt to pick up the broken bowl. Not realizing everyone was staring at me. "Y/n" Rick says as he comes to my side grabbing my face to look at him. "Stop leave it I'll clean it up , have you eaten?" He asks me .

Of course being as stubborn as I am , I pull away from Rick's hold and continue to pick up the pieces of the broken bowl. " I'm fine listen I need to clean this you guys go sleep I'll take first watch" I say making my way to my feet again.

Slowly I manage to get to the kitchen and place the pieces of to the side. Annoyingly Rick decides to follow me. I'm not sure what's going on between me and Rick , we are quite close and I admit I really like him. But in times like these I don't imagine that he likes me too.
"What's up Rick?" I ask turning to face him holding the countertop behind me to stabilize myself, as I feel the dizziness coming back.
"Y/n. You need to eat and have something to drink. I don't care what you have to say. You take care of everyone else but not yourself , why?" He says looking at me with his vibrant blue eyes.
" because Rick I am okay you all have to eat and drink as long as you are all okay I will be too" I say looking at him.
"No you won't be" Rick says sternly . Slight annoyance evident in his voice.
"Yes I will" I say as I push off the counter to make it back to the living room. But as I do so my body gives in and I feel myself falling to the ground.
Luckily I don't make it since I feel a pair of strong arms catching me around the waist.
He lifts me in his arms carrying me to the make shift bed which he was gonna sleep in.
"Rick I'm fine put me down" I said
"No" he says in the tone that I know means he won't listen to anything I tell him.
By this point everyone and I mean everyone has stopped whatever they were doing. I see Daryl looking right at me.
"Wha' happened?" He asks Rick.
"What happened is that y/n here hasn't had anything to eat in how long huh , four days?" He looks at me waiting for my response. At that point I know there was no point in lying so I just say "a week and a bit I guess"
"You guess?!? What the hell y/n you need to eat now" Daryl says while Rick nods his head in agreement.
"Here have the rest of mine , I've had enough anyway" says Carl from next to me.
"Absolutely not Carl you need to eat" I refuse to take a child's food away from him , especially one which I consider to be like my own.
" I swear to god y/n if you don't take that food from Carl I will personally feed you" Rick says looking at me with now what seems to be concern
"Ok ok fine" I say giving in to their demands.

After I had eaten I insisted of taking first watch, while Rick and Daryl tried to argue I finally convinced them that I wouldn't be able sleep anyways so they should just let me take watch.

After a while , Maggie gets up to do her turn but it's only then I realise I haven't actually made my own bed. Shit. It's fine . I lay down beside Rick's bed . I don't know how he does it but his presence makes me feel safe , it's like I know he would do absolutely anything to keep us safe, to keep me safe. I twist and turn on the hard cold floor trying to find a comfortable position in which I could finally sleep. But to my dismay it seemed like I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight. That's when I hear a rough deep voice from behind me " come here" I turn around to Rick gesturing to get inside his bed.
"It's okay Rick you need to sleep" I said turning away from him once more.
But of course the stubborn man brings his hand across my waist and pulls me into him somehow managing to bring me onto his bed. My back was now to his chest his arm wrapped protectively around my waist. I place my hand of top of his entwining our fingers together. I feel him place a kiss on my head , and that's when I knew for sure that I loved Rick Grimes.

My eyes flicker open for a second and I catch Maggie's eye , she gives the look. Yes that look as if something might be going on between me and Rick. But I don't think there is as much as I would like there to be. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep feeling content in Rick's arms.