44.

Tonight, I was planning on staying in bed and studying more for my classes, but out of the blue, Derek pulled up at Scott's while I was home alone and now I was sitting in the front seat of his Camaro with Isaac in the back, pulling into the parking lot of Deaton's animal clinic.

"I still don't get why I had to come," I said to Derek, nursing a plastic cup full of Isaac's blood, that he surprisingly offered me. Another surprise was that his blood was sweet, and weirdly my favourite by far. "Can't you three do this on your own?"

"Scott told me to pick you up," Derek said flatly, parking the car.

I shook my head, opening the door and getting out. "I was fine with studying," I grumbled, pushing the seat forward before stepping back and waiting for Isaac to get out.

Isaac got out, closing the door behind him with a smirk thrown my way. "We should study together one time."

"Hey, Isaac," Derek called out, standing on the other side of the car as Isaac faced him. "Keep in mind she's my little cousin."

I snorted, walking away from them both and toward the glass doors where I spotted Scott opening it for us.

"What's he doing here?" he asked us, nodding at Isaac behind me.

"Ask Derek—" I walked straight into the invisible wall, sending me staggering back into Isaac who caught me. "I'm getting sick of this hybrid shit," I grumbled, holding onto Isaac's arm as he pushed me back up on my feet.

"I need him," Derek briefly answered, walking around me and Isaac, going inside without even asking me if I was okay. Asshole.

"I don't trust him," Scott muttered, staring at Isaac who still had a hand on my waist, and weirdly enough.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either," Isaac countered.

"You know what? And Derek really doesn't care," Derek said in third person. "Now where's the vet? Riah can't come in unless she's invited in and is he gonna help us or not?"

"That depends," Deaton said, appearing in the doorway leading to the medical room. "Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?"

"Save him," Scott answered.

"Kill him," Derek answered at the same time.

They turned to each over and I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest and still stuck outside with Isaac who hasn't gone in yet. "Save him," Scott repeated and Derek hesitated but nodded.

"Now that we cleared that up, can I please come in?" I asked, pressing my hand against the invisible shield. "I'm cold out here."

Deaton looked at Scott for a long minute, before looking at me with a faint smile. "Come in, Neriah," he said.

I smiled, walking straight through the doorway with Isaac. "I've had to do that too many times lately."

"So, you really are one of the few hybrids," Deaton drawled, observing the cup in my hand. "Fascinating."

"It's not really anything special," I mumbled.

Deaton nodded, walking into the backroom and we followed him. I sipped from the straw in my cup, walking around to the metal table where Isaac and Scott stood on either side of me, glaring at each other for some reason.

Deaton placed a tray full of jars before us on the table and Isaac went to reach for one, only for Derek grab his wrist and push his arm back.

"Watch what you touch," he warned him with an annoyed look.

"Well, he's all looks and no brains," I mused, earning a snort from Scott as Isaac only winked, leaning down on the edge of the table.

"So what are you? Some kind of witch?" Isaac asked Deaton, watching him observe each jar.