"I'm sorry, but we were in the middle of a little argument-"

"Were we? I didn't think we were?" I don't think I've ever been so confused, and I got diagnosed with cancer today.

"How does someone forget Valentine's Day? I would argue it's the most important holiday to exist. Ever!"

"Ehm yeah, maybe I should leave you guys to it-" Spencer quickly went back to his friends while watching us with a distant smile.

"Yes! Thank you," I watched as Spencer walked back to Tina and Mackenzie.  "What do you mean 'most important'? There are so many holidays that are important to people. And why is it a problem that I forget it this one time... and the last 4 years-"

"LAST 4 YEARS? What have you been doing?" He put his glass on a tray as a server walked by.

"How is that any of your business? I don't even know your name!" I wanted to know his name. Tell me. Tell me your name!

"Well, I don't know if I want to trust someone with my name who doesn't respect the holiday of love!"

This was getting ridiculous. I'm fighting with this random, beautiful boy, whose way too much into Valentine's Day. I had bigger problems. And I'm still covered in champagne.

"Whatever man, I'll just-" I walked towards the front door, but he walked right behind me.

"No wait! I just want to ask some things..."

We were outside the art gallery and I looked at him with questionably. "So ask what you wanna ask! I'm still covered in alcohol...because of a certain someone..."

"You said it was fine!"

"I changed my mind! Now ask before I change my mind again and don't listen to what you want to ask!"

"Okay...okay. Ehm, why don't you like Valentine's Day. Most huma- people seem to like it. Love it! As one would say." He seemed desperate for an answer. I looked him up and down.

"How about you tell me your name, and I'll tell you why I don't like Valentine's Day." Seems like a fair trade.

"Ha fine. I'm Blaine. Nice to officially meet you, Layla. So now down to business." His voice was serious, it didn't match his looks, or the situation for that matter, at all.

"Mhm I just want to make clear I never said I 'hated' Valentine's Day. I'm just a busy girl. It wasn't on my mind," I looked around for a taxi, seeing one drive by. "TAXI!" I held out my hand to signal the taxi. "I never had somebody to celebrate it with anyway."

"No wait! What were you so busy with? How are you too busy for love?"

"Just life. Valentine's Day isn't so important to a lot of young kids-"

"Really? Cause the whole day I've seen hearts and people, young and old, in love. Except for you. There is this gloomy aura around you..." He gestures his hands as if there was a dark cloud surrounding me.

"I...got some unfortunate news today. So excuse me for not being a ray of sunshine." A taxi pulled up and I got in it.

"Oh, at the hospital?" I heard him whisper as I put my seatbelt on.