𝟢𝟥𝟣,𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬

Comincia dall'inizio

A tap on her shoulder from behind. "Got you."

She yelps, twisting away from the sudden scare. "That wasn't funny."

"I think it has some humor to it," he says, mimicking her words.

Joan manages a small smile. "We're probably late for work."

They went swimming before breakfast. It has been quite a while since they went here. But alright, it's fun.

"If we're already late, it won't matter if we stay," he replies, pulling her towards him by the arms. It goes smoothly, with the water and everything.

As she hums, her legs wrap around his waist. "I thought you were a rule follower. Always following 'em. No freeloaders, right?"

"You sound like you want to leave." He cocks his head to the side. Smirks. "Do you?"

"Not at all." Her cheeks heat up once he embraces her back. "It's nice here. Aren't you drowning with my weight on you, though?"

"I'm standing." He points at the sand below them. It looks beautiful through the clear water. Shells also lie there, so beautiful she has the urge to pick them up. "Besides, you're not heavy. And the water makes it even easier."

"Right." A laugh, then a groan. "I can't even stand here."

Gally smiles. "That's why I'm holding you."

Her smile returns as she kisses him, her fingers running over his back.

Almost right away, he pulls her even closer. Kisses back while he, again, moves her hair out of the way. "It's always in your face," he mutters.

She smiles against his lips. "Because I always ask Jeff to cut the strands in the front shorter than the rest."

"Jeff cuts your hair?"

"Mhm. I tried it myself once. Didn't work out. Who cuts yours?"

His nose brushes over hers. "I do. Buzzing a bit isn't hard."

"You should try growing it out," she recommends. "Something new. Might look awesome."

"I'll see." His lips press against hers again. Joan hums, heat streaming into her body as her muscles tighten.

Gally slides his hand in her hair. Pulls a bit, forcing her head back so he can reach her better.

Butterflies explode in her stomach. She leans into his touch. Feels his chest rumble because his breaths are heaving, then—

"Joan— holy shit."

They both look up, right at Alby, who stands on the surface, eyes wide.

"And... I'm out," he decides, immediately turning around so he can vanish as quickly as he appeared.

"Guess that's our cue."

"So what's the Maze like?" Joe asks Alfred, who runs a hand through his blond locks.

"Would unlock some claustrophobia at first, but once you get used to it, it has something kick to it. Kinda cool, sometimes. But scary," he explains.

Joe nods, his eyes big. "You think you were close to finding a way out?"

He hesitates. His Adam's apple moves. "Eh, maybe. We can't lose hope."

"Could we talk about something else?" She requests. "Alfred, how are the hammers doing?"

"Good."

"Awesome. I'm gonna sharpen the axes," she decides, getting up. "You two go have your lovely talk about the Maze."