4.

Flashback on how I met Tommy...

Late 1995

Around this time, I was very depressed and wasn't eating like I was supposed to

Around this time, I was very depressed and wasn't eating like I was supposed to. I had lost contact with Billy years prior and my mother had pushed me to my limit to where I just needed to get out of North Carolina for good. I got a job at this call center in Virginia and moved immediately. I barely had any money but the little that I did have from selling my non official skin care products was enough for me to move, pay my rent for 3 months and to put food and other things in the house.

The call center was pretty good. I got to sell my products to some of my coworkers to meet new people and to make extra money on the side and I also got my first two employees, Gloria and Melanie, to work for me after we quit. It's a long story. One day, my toilet handle broke while I tried flushing it after peeing and needed it fixed immediately. My landlord, Lee, was a straight asshole because he didn't want to fix my toilet and told me to go to this guy named Tommy in Apt. 2A to get it fixed.

At first I thought he was just pulling my leg because the door number was literally next to mine, Apt. 2B, but he was telling the truth... the only truth he had ever told since I got to know him. I knocked on the door and came out was this tall, black haired hottie wearing hoop earrings with a joint sticking out the side of his mouth. "What's up?", he mumbled.

I moved my jaw around to speak but no words came out. That's how beautiful he was. Tommy looked like he belonged in a magazine or some type of romantic movie where he was the love interest. "The longer you keep your mouth open, the more flies will come and take over", he joked. I broke from my thoughts and laughed at his joke. "There's that smile. What can I do for you, dear?", he asks. "Hi, Tommy. My name is (y/n) and my toilet handle broke off while I tried flushing it. The landlord doesn't want to help me and told me to come to you for help. Can you help me, please?", I said all in one breath.

Tommy laughed again. "Nice to meet you, (y/n), and that landlord is going to be a pain in your ass as long as you're staying here", he says. "I can also help you with your problem. Let me grab my tools." And that's how I got to know Tommy Hanson, the maintenance man. Overtime, I also got to know Tommy Hanson, the lover man. We would talk to one another whenever he was free from his work, went out on dates or stayed in to order takeout or to cook for each other.

I think gained at least 20 pounds of happy weight whenever Tommy cooked, but it looked good on me. We got so close that I started catching feelings for him, even giving him my virginity. It was uncomfortable for my first time because Tommy was really rough with the pounding, the slapping and the hard choking.

I was so scared to have sex with him again until I told what I liked and what I didn't like while being intimate. He listened for a couple of sex sessions and we stayed at good steady sex pace for about a year. Sometimes, I miss Tommy for who he was but after what happened the other day, I don't think I'll ever look at him the same.