38.

Everything was louder. Cars, birds, footsteps, wind, heartbeats, rushing blood. It was like I could hear every single thing.

"Derek said that if you start to lose control, then you need to leave," Isaac informed me, walking next to my left as Erica walked next to my right and Boyd walked behind us.

Why were they with me? Because Derek ordered them to keep an eye on me. To make sure I didn't go on a killing spree. Another perk of being a freaking hybrid. I could barely wrap my head around that.

"I know," I said to him, walking into school. "Why are you three even listening to him? I know none of you like me."

"You've got it wrong," Erica said quietly, sending flirty looks to a few boys. "We don't like Scott and you've always been on his side, but now you are on ours."

"Excuse me?" I snapped, halting in the hallway and grabbing her am. "I am still on Scott's side and always will be," I told her sharply as Isaac and Boyd stayed standing, not making a move to stop me. "Just because Derek helped me, does not mean I'm on his side."

"Riah, we can all be friends here," Isaac drawled, carefully pushing my arm down until I let go of a wide-eyed Erica. "We actually like you. You have real power, a great personality, and it doesn't hurt that you're hot as hell."

I rolled my eyes at his flirting but then froze, suddenly hearing five different heartbeats. My eyes looked around, jumping from neck to neck as hunger grew in my stomach.

"Stop doing that!" Boyd whispered sternly, grabbing my shoulders to face me to the three of them.

"Stop doing what?" I asked, not sure what I even did.

Isaac stepped closer to me, grabbing my chin and looking down at my eyes. "Derek said you would get these black veins under your eyes when you were hungry," he murmured, letting go of my chin. "And your fangs are out."

My eyes widened and I slapped a hand to my mouth, running my tongue along the sharp fangs stabbing through my top gum. Maybe having control would be harder than I thought.

"Come with me," Erica said, grabbing my hand before I could refuse and starting to pull me away.

The heartbeats around me got louder and I lowered my head, keeping it down until Erica pulled me into a bathroom and the boys stayed outside, guarding the door.

"Look in the mirror," Erica ordered me, dropping my hand.

I hesitated but lifted my head and gasped at the sight of myself in the mirror. My eyes were glowing bright orange, black veins slithering under my eyes and sharper fangs than a werewolves stuck out of my gums.

"I think you look hot," Erica mused, leaning back against a sink while opening her handbag.

I turned away from the mirror with a raised brow. "Seriously? I look like a killer from a horror movie."

"A hot killer," she hummed and then I could feel my stomach beg as she pulled out a blood bag. "Derek suggested I bring a few to school for you, to ease your hunger."

I snatched it from her without a second thought. "I'm still not joining you guys," I told her before sticking the little tube in my mouth and drinking deeply, easing the crave my body felt.

"Can't you see that we want to take care of you?" Erica asked, watching me drink deeply. "We can help you control this."

I took another long sip before pulling it away from my mouth and looking up at her. "Derek abandoned me at the age of ten, Erica. I was left alone here, learning to control myself while being abused in a foster home." I licked the blood of my lips, taking a step toward her. "The only people that had my back and took care of me were Scott and Stiles. My loyalty lies with them."