Script 18: Decipher

The whole campus was in chaos.

Well, it's not the type of chaos where people are causing a scene. People were whispering here and there. The incident with the speakers became the talk of the whole campus in less than a minute.

Kim Chaewon prepared for the worst to happen, but everyone was on her side as the student council got involved in the issue as well. The Dean decided that they would not step in unless it started becoming a big problem for the whole school.

Considering that this seems to be just a case of two students fighting, they let the student council handle the situation.

The student council started investigating the broadcasting club first, as they are the ones who handle the technology and the speakers on campus. It seemed that the club itself was unaware of such a thing.

The president of the broadcasting club at the time had sworn that the club had nothing to do with it. She said that there were no scheduled announcements, so they had no business being in the booth to use the speakers.

The broadcasting club seemed to be clueless enough that the council let them go after a day. The council wanted to know who the person who used the booth was before they talked to Huh Yunjin.

While they were busy with that, Chaewon thought it would be a good idea to confront Yunjin on her own before the council did.

She didn't want Yunjin to get away and lie her way out of this mess, which is why she had cornered the younger girl inside the empty gymnasium on a random Wednesday afternoon.

As Yunjin stood inside the gymnasium alone, Chaewon strolled in, brows furrowed and fuming with anger. Yunjin turns and sees her, and she doesn't know what to say.

As she stared at Chaewon directly in the eyes, she couldn't help but feel her chest and throat tightening. Her eyes filled with guilt, her energy leaving her body, and her lips turning into a thin line.

She looked caught and guilty. She looked devastated and apologetic, but she never once looked away from Chaewon.

And Chaewon hated the fact that she even had the guts to look her directly in the eyes after all the things she had said about her through the speakers.

"Unnie-"

"Are you out of your mind?" Yunjin bit her lower lip once Chaewon spoke. She slowly closed her eyes as she now felt ashamed to be standing in front of Chaewon like this.

"You-" Chaewon breathed, "You out of all people..." Her tears were starting to show, and Yunjin could hear the pain in her voice.

"I can't fucking believe you would do this to me... You acted all high and mighty, protecting and defending me- defending everyone when the president would attack us and spew out harsh words!" She takes in a sharp breath before clenching her fists.

"I thought you were better than the president- better than everyone, even!"

Yunjin takes a few steps forward towards Chaewon, "Listen- please. It's not what it looks like, I swear."

She tries reaching for Chaewon's hands, but the older girl slaps her hands away, "Don't fucking touch me." she says through gritted teeth.

"What's your damn excuse, Huh? Are you going to tell me that this was all a misunderstanding?" Yunjin's eyes were trembling, and she looked close to crying, but she didn't break.

She remains strong.

Chaewon scoffs, "Are you going to tell me that it wasn't you who was talking through the speakers? That it was someone else? Just someone who- who sounds like you? Is that it, Huh??"