Script 10: Practice game

The students on campus take notice of the newly published newspaper for the week and the theater club isn't sure if they're pleased with the outcome. People were just talking about how the three basketball players were competing for Chaewon's affection a week ago and now Huh Yunjin comes into the scene, elbowing the three guys out of the picture.

Most of the students weren't shocked, anyway. Mostly the ones who knew who Huh Yunjin was, not the newer students. The student body was split into two sides because of the newspaper.

One fawning over Huh Yunjin and the other asking, "Who the fuck is Huh Yunjin?"

Some students would explain who she was, some people wouldn't. They didn't want to risk ruining Yunjin's image by telling everyone what happened between her and Chaewon.

Chaewon has become quite famous among the students after all. It wouldn't be a surprise if people turned their backs on Huh Yunjin to side with Kim Chaewon even if everyone has already moved on.

They haven't fought in public before but the heavy aura surrounding them both when they're together is just too strong that people would immediately catch on.

Nonetheless, the theater club ignores the students who would pass by to catch a glimpse of their rehearsals. None of them care to know who they are checking out, they just can't be there for a long time.

They ignore the slew of students who would ask about the main lead, about Kim Chaewon, and about Huh Yunjin. Fortunately, they were all good at talking people's heads off.

"We have got to start blocking the windows on the doors." Sieun tosses her megaphone on one of the chairs as Soobin and Sunghoon lock the doors momentarily. They didn't need any more students who'd suddenly show up out of nowhere just to feed their curiosity about the club and its members.

"I did not expect students to be like this," Sunghoon exhaled through his nose before running his fingers through his hair. "Maybe we do need to confront Jimin about this."

Sieun only shrugged as Soobin scratched the back of his head.

"I have no idea what's going on." Sunghoon looks at him with a frown, mouth slightly agape, "Are you serious? You're part of the council, how do you not know?"

"Well, I'm sorry I don't fit the stereotype of council members being obsessed with drama!" Soobin crosses his arms together as Sunghoon chuckles.

"That's not what I'm talking about. Don't the council have to read through the newspaper before they get published?"

"I don't read through all of them." Soobin simply says and their conversation ends there as Sunghoon nods his head, understandingly.

"Jimin published a certain section in the newspaper about Yunjin and Chaewon. It was about how Yunjin took Jaeyun's spot without even lifting a mere finger." Sunghoon lets himself fall on one of the chairs, sighing as his body gently collides with the soft, cushioned material.

"That sounds like a bad thing... is it a bad thing?" Sieun was quick to shake her head when Soobin asked.

"It's a good thing but since a lot of people don't know Yunjin and Chaewon's past, they wanted to see it for themselves." She responds, tapping Sunghoon's feet as she walks past him to take a seat beside him.

Sieun points at the doors, "Hence why they're all at our door."

Sieun wasn't pissed about it, but it was truly burdensome. They couldn't rehearse properly and this play was supposed to be a surprise.

It would lose the element of that if every student just came rushing in, asking questions about Kim Chaewon and Huh Yunjin.

Fortunately, no rumors were spreading about the two girls. At times like this when there are two people with such a mysterious background, people tend to overanalyze and they come up with their own assumptions as to what happened.