Monty's Gator Golf

We enter the main room at the front of Gator Golf. The room is themed like a jungle and is illuminated by green lights. Leafy plants are everywhere, covering the walls and floor. I look around, taking it all in. Julian looks over at some sort of golf ball teacup ride. "Dang. This is way cooler than I thought it would be for a golf place!"

"Huh. So where do we get golf clubs and stuff?" I say, and look around the room for some sort of counter. I see a small group of people in a line near a large Monty's Gator Golf sign. That must be where you get clubs, I think, seeing as it's a big obvious sign that would probably only be there to help people find the stupid clubs and stuff. I drag Julian over to the counter, and get in line.

We look around the room as we wait in line. There's a lot of fake plants and vines covering the room, and bass music plays loudly in the background. The air was warm, and somehow slightly damp, like it would be in a jungle. Yet it was still air conditioned. What kind of magic are they using here? The line moves fairly quickly, so I don't get to admire the decor for very long.

Another worker robot greets us. It looks like the one that explained Fazer Blast rules, but has on a golf visor instead of a silly alien hat. "Hello. How may I help you?"

"Uhm.. two people for Gator Golf, please." I say kind of awkwardly. It feel weird talking to a robot like this. It spins around and brings back two clubs and a few golf balls. "That will be $12."

I look at Julian. "I payed for the pizza, you gotta may for this."

"Ugh, fine. That's fair." He sighs as he gets some money from his back pocket and hands it to the worker robot. We grab out stuff, and head towards the main entrance doors.

Woah, holy crap. The room was HUGE, and decorated with more fake palm trees and things. There were some benches lining some areas, and the ceiling was decorated so that it looked kind of like stars. There were small ponds and bodies of water that looked like they had fake alligators in them, and one of the gold courses was shaped like a giant alligator's mouth. There was a large green hologram of Monty dancing in the back of the room.

It was so freaking cool.

We follow a green carpeted path that leads throughout the golf course. Julian looks up at me as we walk around. "Y/n, have you ever actually played golf before?"

"Well, I've played mini golf, so that counts. They can't be that different. ...We should still start with the easiest level first, though. For safe measures."

He chuckles as we look at the map for Gator Golf. It's a nine hole course, so there were nine different numbered locations on the map. "Let's start with level one, that should be the easiest one."

Julian nods as we continue to walk down the path. We pass a bunch of people, most of them adults. Guess golf isn't a kids first choice for entertainment.

Eventually, we reach a big sign with the number one on it. "Ah, finally!" I smile as we walk up to the course. I stand in position, and ready my club. I take a deep breath before swinging at my ball. It flies across the course and lands directly in the hole. "Haha! A hole in one! Try and beat that, pleb!"

I smirk at Julian as I grab my ball out of the hole. Julian places his ball on his tee, and readies his swing. "Pffttt! I can beat you, that's easy. You just got beginners luck." He sticks his tongue out at me as he swings. His club hits the golf ball and makes a loud THWACK. It shoots across the room and a soft bang is heard, along with a sharp grunt.

"ARGH!"

Me and Julian quickly look at each other. "I think you hit someone, man." I whisper to him quietly.