The Great Laser Tag Battle

I don't understand. I shouldn't feel this way, it's a robot. I don't know exactly what it is I'm feeling, but it's weird. He's definitely attractive. I don't know what is about him. His red hair that slightly sways as he moves. His "built different" shape. His face being mysteriously covered by shades. The fact that his nails are painted a beautiful blackish purple.

I push the feelings away. I'm not gonna simp over a reptilian animatronic.

1

The characters each rise on their own platform, giving each of them their own lighting. Julian must have noticed my mouth slightly hanging open in wonder, and he nudged me, laughing.

They start performing on the stage, and the crowd goes wild. I must practically have stars in my eyes. It was different than the childish feel of the old Freddy's. This was almost like being at some kind of weird concert!

I watch as the characters dance around on the stage in a fancy routine. The music that they play is catchy, and I can't help but smile and cheer along with everyone else. Freddy comes to front of the stage, and high-fives a few kids in the front row.

"They're interacting with the crowd?!"

"No way!" Julian cheers, "We've totally gotta see this!"

Our parents laugh as me and Julian push to front of the crowd. This was definitely cool! The wolf dances around near the edge, swinging the cord of her instrument, as Chica strums her guitar close by. The music is almost deafening this close, but it's worth it.

Julian waves back at mom and dad before jumping and waving his arms to the music like everyone else. About two-thirds of the way through the song, Freddy loops back around and gives Julian a high-five.

Juls smirks, looking back at me, pleased. "Okay, that was the coolest thing that's happened in my life so far."

I chuckle as I continue to watch the show. I catch myself watching the gator the most. I smile as he dances along to the song playing. Then he does something I didn't expect. He pulls his sunglasses slightly down, so that the crowd can barely see his eyes. Then he wink at me.

I don't know if he winked specifically at me, there were probably hundreds of people near me in the crowd. But... it felt like he had been looking directly at me, and it made my heart flutter.

...

The song ended shortly after that, and the animatronics stopped performing. They bowed, and waved at the crowd as they disappeared off the stage.

"And that concludes our performance for now. But, if you wanna see Freddy and his friends again, they'll be around so you can meet them. Or, get a backstage pass and personally meet the band!"

I look at Julian. "Huh. I guess they really do have free roam now."

Mom and dad tell us that we can go wherever, as long as we stick together. They said they'd be at the dance floor if they needed us. Julian tugs on my sleeve as we look at the map of attractions. "Hey, Y/N, let's flip a coin. Whoever wins get to pick where we go first, 'kay?"

I nod. "Alright, I guess that's fair."

He takes out a quarter. "I call heads."

He flips the coin, and we watch as it falls to the ground. We crouch down next to it. "HAHA! That's right! I win!"

Julian laughs victoriously as we see the coin landed on heads. I sigh, "Alright, where do you wanna go first?" He grabs the map and looks at it carefully.

"Hmm... I think I wanna go to Fazer Blast first. Laser tag is always cool."

He starts walking in the direction of the laser tag arena. I'm not surprised. A lot of people seemed to be going to Fazer Blast first as well. I follow him closely as we walk up to the large space themed waiting room.