vi. Murder Is Wrong, Sapphire

chapter six — murder is wrong, sapphire

season one, episode three — bad luck boy

"WHAT D'YOU THINK? THE GREEN OR THE YELLOW?" Sapphire is standing in front of the mirror, holding up two dresses.

Iris is lying on her bed ( again ) and staring at the ceiling, not paying attention. "Blue." she says distractedly.

Sapphire rolls her eyes and turns around. "What's up with you?"

Iris sits up. "I'm worried about Toby. All this 'Bad Luck Boy' shit." she arches a brow at Sapphire, reminding her that she also took part in the aforementioned 'Bad Luck Boy' shit.

"We were just messing."

"Yeah, but Toby isn't gonna see it that way, is he? Especially with that foster couple coming over today." she flops back down, spreadeagled like a starfish.

Sapphire sighs. Iris is a very empathetic, feelings-y sort of person; when her friends are sad, she's sad. She walks over to the bed and crosses her arms, looking at Iris upside-down. "Yknow, I still need to do my nails for the gig... if you stop moping, I might do yours too."

That makes her sit up again, grinning. She loves Sapphire's manicures ( usually she has to pester the older girl for ages to get her to do one! ).

"Okay, okay, not moping."

"Good. Now, which dress?"

"Mmm... the yellow."

A couple hours later, Sapphire is fully decked out and ready for the gig in a cute yellow dress and black jacket. Iris watches her put the finishing touches on her makeup. Once she's done, she stands up and spins in a circle.

"How do I look?"

"So hot. It's all down to my incredible skill as a stylist, of course."