[2]

"Hello, mom"

"Yes, i'm on my way there now"

"No, teacher Jo was pretty adamant on me joining since i've only missed one night"

"Yes, i'll be careful...I'll call you when i'm there. Talk to you later!"

Misun took her phone off her ear, pressing the red button on her white phone. The back of the phone revealed a polaroid of her and Subin from a year ago that they had taken on a one-day trip in the summer. She sighed in relief as she looked at the time on her phone.

16:54

The taxi driver hat told her they would be arriving at approximately 17:30 p.m. so the girl was excited to finally get out of the car after two hours of riding in it. Her eyes drifted to the outside as she stored her phone into Subin's oversized sweatpants. What caught her attention was a sign indicating a rest stop in a few kilometers. Her attention shifted to the young lady in the front as she contemplated asking to take a break.

Park Seeun war an enigma to Kim Misun. Observing her only posed more question marks in Misun's brain and so the once polite small-talk they had soon ceased.

Looking Park Seeun felt like looking at fish pond im the summer. Under the summer sun's reflection one could only guess where the fish was- and at times one could make themselves believe that there was no fish at all in the first place- and maybe there was none but one could only guess; never know for sure.

Park Seeun was very pretty, however her eyes were what freaked Misun out the most. The emptiness made Misun wonder what they had seen. And there was also the fact that the woman- or should she say girl-, who was at the most 2 or 3 years older than Misun, was already so integrated in her job as a taxi driver.

All in all, Misun was very spooked out, while simultaneously scolding herself, as the driver hadn't really done anything to deserve her scrutiny. Besides, teacher Jo had sent her, so she couldn't be someone meaning harm to her. Teacher Jo was usually known for being very cautious with the students in his class.

Misun cleared her throat as she tried to get Seeun's attention, "I'm sorry, i know there isn't a lot of the way left, but could we take a break at the next rest stop? I want to see if i can find some treats for my classmates."

Seeun's empty eyes drifted off the road and met hers in the rearview window as her lips formed a polite smile.

"Sure"

***

About an hour later the taxi at last slowly came to a stop in front of an old building. Misun rolled her eyes in annoyance, remembering her bad mood at her teacher, now that she had arrived successfully.

"We have arrived at the Muryeong youth center, Kim Misun-ssi," Seeun smiled at Misun via the rearview mirror. Misun returned the smile as she bowed her head as a thanks and moved to open the door and carry her belongings out of the car.

"I thank you for your efforts. Please have a safe ride home," Misun retorted with a kind smile on her face.

"Thank you," Seeun answered as she moved the steering wheel to turn the car around, "Good luck."

"T-Thank you," Misun was caught off guard as she politely answered as she had been taught by her parents.

Good luck? With what exactly?

Seeun waved her hand at Misun as she finally drove off. Misun felt as if she had shifted off a burden as she waved back. Her shoulders finally relaxed from the tense state they had been in for the past three hours. Misun shook off her negative thoughts as she turned back to her belongings on the ground.

A black sports bag and a mint paper bag filled with sandwiches from the bakery. She sighed as she bent down to pick up the bags and made her way to the old building. The building seemed almost deserted as she stepped up the stairs and in through the doors. The clear fair skin and and shiny hair on the girl painted a funny picture in comparison to the old, moldy exterior and interior of the retreat. Inside the foyer a statue seemed to stare back at the lone girl walking down the hall way. A shiver ran down her spine.

But, where is everyone?

Misun felt herself grow slightly anxious at the possibility that the driver had dropped her off at the wring place. Feeling a vibration from her phone, she fished it out of her lowly hanging sweatpants pocket.

The mafia game starts now. Check your occupation now.

The girls brows furrowed in confusion as she saw the test she had gotten from an app she hadn't ever seen, much less downloaded.

What is this?

Your occupation is a civilian.

She quickly left the application and entered the phone app as she dialed her classmate Nahee's number.

No signal.

Hyunho's number.

No signal.

Misun's heart raced as she felt the adrenaline pump through her veins.

What the hell is going on?

Tightly gripping the bag in her hand, Misun made her way through the hallway on the left of the statue.

"Guys? Is anyone there?"

She held her breath as she swiftly made her way through the hall, finally steering towards a big double door as she heared Hyunho's voice.

"What a mix. You lot are too weak to hike a mountain. We'll go too."

A relieved smile spread through Misun's face as the tension left her bodz and her heart beat slowed down.

"I'll go as well," Nahee's voice reached her ears as she opened the gymnasium doors.

"Wow, are you guys really going on a hike without me? Why am i kinda hurt at that"