28. Death of Criminals

Start from the beginning

" Jyeshth. A woman is never tempted by gold and jewelry. She is tempeted by lovers. What happened devi? Did your lover's call overpower your need to pray? "

Keeping mum, Karunika decided to ignore the two idiots. She had a plan. Anger would not help here.

As she started to move away, her hand was clutched by the younger Kumar.

" Kumar! Leave my hand. I warned your elder. I am warning you. A devkanya should not be touched without her permission. Leave! Leave my hand! Or I shall curse you!"

He held on tighter, red marks imprinting on her wrists.

" At least tell us why you can come here but not in Hastinapur? " Duryodhan said, holding the other hand.

" Kumar. Every woman was informed to be wary of Hastinapur and their Yuvraj. Who knows who'll be disrobed next. " She said, trying to free her hands. She could fight them. She knew she could. But that would increase their suspicion.

" My tajshree was right when he said that the Kumars of Hastinapur don't learn from their mistakes. Didn't you know? Touching a woman without her permission brought you to this state. Do you want to suffer more? " Asked a voice .

That stopped Karunika's wandering mind. His voice was similar, but not quite. It had the authority that she had come to love in her husband's, but it had the serenity that was new. It was known yet unknown. Loved yet unheard.

" Yuvraj. You should have remained in Vajji only. After all. That is where your father has most power doesn't he? " Duryodhan taunted.

Karunika was now shook. Was that her son? She can't see him. She can't be weak right now. She had a mission.

" Leave the lady Kumar. Or I'll call my father. You know, the one whose wife you tried to harm. My mother? "

As they reluctantly let go of her hand, she ran, a glimpse at her son enough for her.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" What took you so long Jyeshtha? "

" Nothing. We begin. Today a criminal will meet his end. "

(https://youtu.be/VWjh5NPph-Q?si=KzHgeX--JuJ8peT4)
( link to the strotam)

With each prahar that Bheem made on Keechak, the dance became stronger, the forms sharper. Each mudra made had power. That day, nature itself helped them, heavy rainfall began in the city.

At last, with the last form, the last note of the song, the death blow was made. Keechak was killed. Bheem and Draupadi fled the room. Karunika sprinted back to the temple.

As Duryodhan and Shakuni ran into the room with Maharaj Virat in tow, they found the dead body of Keechak. A papi punished.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Maharaj Virat. You have housed the criminals of Hastinapur in your kingdom. We will soon come back with an army. You are going to be at war! " Duryodhan shouted in the sabha, while Shakuni eagerly tried to instigate his nephew more. Guess his anger had some use.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

As they stood outside, ready to fight for the king of Matsya, Karunika was reminded of the time it would take to meet her children. To meet her husband. To be able to freely hold them in her arms.  Shower all her motherhood on them. It had been nine grueling years without them. A mother's heart had bled each day it was away from her children.

But all she could do was wait. Wait and wait. For a devkanya could not take up arms.......

________________________________

Hey everyone. How was this one? Share your opinions in the comments and vote 😁
She'll meet her children soon don't worry. After all. He saved her once. She'll be very happy with his morals won't she!

I wrote out the draft to the prologue of the time travel fic.

A teaser.....

Hope you all give it the same love ❤

Much love

RadheKrishn❤