At some point, Liang Xian had concluded his phone call. He encircled her waist and lifted her slightly, "Come here, let's settle the score."

Setting her phone aside, Ming Si looked puzzled, "What score are we settling?"

He couldn't possibly be this petty, still holding onto that incident of her conversing with another man at the airport, right? Jealousy, perhaps?

"Were you biased against me in the past because of Yan Yuanqian?" His fingers brushed against her waist, provoking a ticklish sensation. Ming Si attempted to squirm away but remained captive in his grasp. She shot him a stern glance, "I didn't have any bias against you."

He signaled for her to provide an honest answer.

She could only hold up her finger, indicating a width of about one knuckle, "Just a tiny bit."

Objectively, Liang Xian and Yan Yuanqian didn't look alike, but their temperaments had a slight resemblance. Both had that kind of roguish and carefree aura upon first glance.

While Ming Si didn't consciously judge people based on appearance, subconscious influences were hard to escape. Coupled with a poor first impression, it became difficult for her to change her view later on.

"Didn't your teachers teach you not to judge people by appearances?" Liang Xian lowered his head slightly, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"No, they only said to learn tolerance," Ming Si pushed away his mischievous hand on her waist and emphasized her words, "And not to be a rogue."

Liang Xian remained unfazed.

Her feeble attempt at resistance barely made a mark.

To prevent him from fidgeting again, Ming Si had to press down on his hand and said with an exasperated tone, "So, I apologize, okay? You childish brat."

Liang Xian's eyebrows lifted; he seemed quite willing to be childish for once, "En."

"I was wrong to judge by appearance," she clasped her hands together, pretending to be earnest in her apology while also poking fun at him, "Will the childish brat forgive me?"

"Just a verbal apology? No sincerity," Liang Xian's arm snaked around her waist. When she started to struggle, he gently guided her onto the sofa and then leaned down to kiss her, "Let's add some substance to it."

......

When Ming Si reached for her phone again, it was already over three hours later.

She was so tired that she didn't want to move her fingers. She glanced at the time and pushed her phone aside. She continued lying on the sofa, burying her head in her arms.

Liang Xian returned with a clean nightgown, tugged at the crumpled bathrobe she had haphazardly draped over herself, but before he could say anything, Ming Si grabbed the collar and turned around, giving him a look of accusation.

Calculating nearly a week, she had been sleeping until noon almost every day, all because of the mischief caused by this guy during the nights.

Did he understand moderation? Could he take things slowly? Was being gentle too much to ask?

She felt like she should retract her previous apology.

Liang Xian had a peculiarly roguish air when it came to her.

He sat on the sofa, his legs casually stretched out, and his gaze turned towards her, "Are you going to keep wearing that bathrobe?"

"If I want to wear it, I will. It's none of your business," she retorted with a hint of irritation. Wrapping the bathrobe around her, she sat up, intending to say more. However, she met his amused yet knowing gaze, and suddenly realized what they had done as she wore this bathrobe. Her face turned quickly red.