She was taken aback for a moment.

Liang Xian's steps halted as he noticed her fixed gaze on a certain direction. He followed her line of sight and asked, "Do you know him?"

This question seemed to snap Ming Si back to her senses. She averted her gaze, as though she couldn't be bothered to even glance over there, and her tone turned somewhat cold, "I don't know him."

Liang Xian didn't say anything, his gaze grew darker as he looked over in that direction again.

For a moment, their gazes met in the air, pausing briefly. Though the time was short, it felt as though every second was crystal clear.

Eventually, Yan Yuanqian took the first step toward them.

A courteous smile, typical of an elder, graced his face. It looked very natural, "Yan..."

"I'm surnamed Ming," Ming Si interrupted.

She let go of Liang Xian's arm and stood straight with her back erect. Her lips curled up, but there was hardly any amusement in her eyes, "Seems like you got the name wrong?"

The year Yan Yuanqian divorced Cen Xinyan, Ming Si was only four years old. That same year, Cen Xinyan married Ming Zhengyuan, and Ming Si changed both her surname and name.

Thus, whether out of habit or sentiment, Ming Si was not willing to have any connection with Yan Yuanqian.

Yan Yuanqian looked slightly embarrassed for a moment, though he quickly concealed it, still holding up a flawless façade.

After many years of separation, his biological daughter had erected an iron wall between them. He didn't know how to communicate.

Finally, he stated his purpose, skipping the pleasantries, "Is your mother doing well?"

"Isn't it more appropriate to ask her directly?" Ming Si's eyebrow raised slightly.

Yan Yuanqian: "I don't have her contact information."

Ming Si curved her lips, smiling as sweetly as ever, "Well, perhaps she doesn't want to see you."

"..."

Yan Yuanqian read something from her mocking gaze, his lips moved, and he sighed helplessly, "I just wanted to come and see you."

Ming Si's smile receded as she looked at him coldly.

"I am running a company abroad, focusing on the procurement of raw stones. I heard from someone you need cooperation in this area," Yan Yuanqian paused for a moment, "You can draft the contract."

In truth, Yan Yuanqian didn't hear from someone. He met his former business partner from China, who now dedicated himself to charity work, Yu Yaode, during a charity auction event.

After the auction, the two of them reminisced.

As Yan Yuanqian discussed his current business endeavors, Yu Yaode smiled and said, "Blood is thicker after all. Your daughter is into jewelry design. My wife is her biggest fan."

When he heard the word daughter, Yan Yuanqian paused.

After his divorce from Cen Xinyan, he enjoyed a carefree life for several years, during which he didn't leave any traces of his own child. He was still young and unfocused, caught up in his own desires, and having a child would have been a burden.

Later, he gradually matured and settled down. He married and had a son with his new wife.

The term daughter had been absent in his life for a long time.