Ming Si immediately opened her eyes.

Liang Xian had one hand propped beside her as he leaned over her. He wasn't surprised by her timely resurrection, instead, he gave a crooked smile, "Awake now?"

"..."

Even though they had already shared kisses, it was the first time they were face to face in this particular position.

Ming Si wasn't entirely ignorant; back in high school, she had a friend who was obsessed with shipping fictional couples and often shared various fanfics and content.

In this instant, all sorts of random bits of knowledge flooded her mind uncontrollably.

Stretching out her hand, she pushed against his shoulder slightly and nodded, "I'm awake."

"Why didn't you sleep a few more minutes?" Liang Xian's gaze shifted from her hand to her eyes, with a teasing glint.

Ming Si: "..."

It was evident he had some mischievous intentions.

This naughty guy seemed to enjoy teasing her.

After spending a few days in Venice, amidst the sweetness, Ming Si had secretly suffered a few grievances.

For instance, they had just started their relationship, so why did Liang Xian seem so at ease while she felt immobilized?

With a streak of competitive spirit and the momentum from their past verbal battles, Ming Si was determined to turn the tables. She blinked at him and said, "Only a few minutes?"

As her words trailed off, both of them took a moment to react, locking eyes for half a second.

In the next second, Ming Si reached out and grabbed the corner of the nearby blanket, intending to cover her face. But almost simultaneously, Liang Xian effortlessly lifted it back.

Ming Si was slender and not particularly strong, so she was no match for him. The blanket was pressed down by his hand, and no matter how hard she tugged, she couldn't budge it. Her face, on the other hand, was growing increasingly flushed.

"Ming Si," Liang Xian's hand pressed down on the blanket, while the other hand held her wrist, his voice tinged with suppressed amusement, "What are you thinking?"

Right now, Ming Si wished she could just disappear.

She didn't even know how she managed to find such a unique way to provoke him, accomplishing nothing but entangling herself in the process.

Darn those explicit fanfics.

Liang Xian chuckled softly, "Say something."

Ming Si glared at him, then attempted to pull the blanket again. Realizing she couldn't move it, she had no choice but to raise her hand to cover her face; her voice sounded muffled from beneath her hand, "You're so annoying."

She didn't want to face him, but it seemed like Liang Xian was determined to tease her to the fullest. He reached out and pulled her waist closer, lifting her off the bed.

Ming Si struggled but couldn't break free. She waved her hand, trying to stop their proximity from increasing. However, their distance continued to shrink until he held her face-to-face in his embrace.

She dared not move.

While struggling earlier, her hand had somehow slipped from his shoulder and traveled down his chest, ending up...

...with a very noticeable touch.

Whether it was a psychological effect or not, Ming Si actually felt her fingertips warming up.