Being stared at by such eyes felt a little dangerous.

Ming Si stopped moving her feet and withdrew them back, leaning against his leg, before lifting them up again and placing them on the coffee table.

Then, her gaze returned to Liang Xian's face, and she gently bit her lip.

Outside the window, the sky was overcast and dark, while inside the room, bathed in warm-toned soft light and the scent of cedarwood, a young man and woman embraced each other.

Liang Xian held her waist with one hand and lifted her face with the other, guiding her to lower her head, and then, he kissed her.

Later in the evening, the two of them went downstairs to cook. Even though Ming Si didn't wear any lipstick, her lips were rosy from the kisses, displaying a moist sheen. After looking at herself in the small mirror, she angrily tapped the mirror against Liang Xian's body, "Scoundrel."

Young Master Liang had no way to argue, so he rolled up his sleeves and went to the kitchen to cheer her up by cooking.

Since they were abroad, they might treat it as a vacation. Their business competitors wouldn't be able to catch up with them here. The bodyguard Shi Tai, who was relatively free at the moment, took on the versatile task of buying groceries.

He came back carrying bags of various sizes. He then placed these bags on the kitchen bar before exiting the kitchen.

Leaning against the refrigerator door, Ming Si had no intention of helping. She smiled as she watched Liang Xian take out ingredients one by one and occasionally chatted with him.

However, Liang Xian was busy cooking, and she was worried that constantly talking to him might affect the quality of dinner.

So, when Shi Tai passed by, she stopped him.

Ming Si turned around, preparing to start the conversation from a work standpoint, "How long have you been working under Liang Xian?"

Shi Tai answered truthfully.

"After coming back to the country, you've spent more time with him than I have," Ming Si turned her head, feeling annoyed at Liang Xian's back.

Shi Tai remained silent.

She turned back, "Can you cook?"

Shi Tai: "Yes."

Ming Si found this bodyguard quite amusing. He was reticent and seemed to lack enthusiasm, yet there was sometimes a strange nosy quality about him. And he could cook.

It's quite strange. Ever since she developed feelings for Liang Xian, she also became interested in the people around him. It was as if she wanted to know more about him through them.

Shi Tai considered walking away several times.

But as soon as he saw the lazy glances Liang Xian occasionally cast over at Ming Si, he felt a chill down his spine.

"When did you learn to cook?" Ming Si didn't notice anything unusual and continued to chat excitedly with Shi Tai.

"Shi Tai, go check the yard." Liang Xian's voice, neither loud nor soft, came from the kitchen.

Shi Tai felt as if he'd been granted a pardon and wiped away most of his cold sweat. He left in a hurry.

Ming Si: "..."

She realized why the young master suddenly started picking on her. She pressed down the corners of her lips that were slightly curled upwards, turned around, placed her hands behind her back, and strolled over to him. She leaned in, sniffed carefully, and then elongated her tone as she exclaimed, "Ah, it seems there's a hint of vinegar smell."